Macbook Air announced.

bikehorn

• Members

I can't get the videos to load, but by just looking over the specs, it looks SUPER SWEET! Makes me want to trade in my current Macbook Pro (but I can't b/c if I even MENTIONED it the missus would kill me! :D)

Looks like it could be really awesome though. I'm anxious to see one in person.

• Members

Yeah, we wouldn't want a computer that works properly now would we...?
:thu:

I have both Mac OS X and Windows laptops. My Mac gives me nothing but trouble. The Windows machines are much more reliable. But that is just my personal experience. I am sure there are lots of people who have had the opposite experience - hell, I watch enough TV to know Windows is for losers.

• Members

I can't get the videos to load, but by just looking over the specs, it looks SUPER SWEET! Makes me want to trade in my current Macbook Pro (but I can't b/c if I even MENTIONED it the missus would kill me!
:D
)

Looks like it could be really awesome though. I'm anxious to see one in person.

but you'll need you macbook pro in order to install software the cool way, so you might as well have both!

:poke:

• Members

I have both Mac and PC...neither gives me troubles. I just happen to like OS X better, so I use it more. No biggie. Is it better or worse than XP? No...not really. Some things I like better on OS X, some things I like better on XP.

No OS is perfect really. I like both....just happen to use the Mac more. Dunno why.

Remember: We're talking about OS's here. NOT RELIGIONS!

• Members

I'm not sure how you'd install another OS. It looks like you need the OS up and running to connect to the CD/DVD drive on another computer.
:confused:
I think you're stuck with OSX if you want the Mac Air. I could be wrong, though.

Two words: USB optical drive. Ok...3 words....USB Optical hard drive...4...4 words...

• Members

Interesting idea for sure- definitely different. It looks like the main difference is that the optical drive is external and hooked up via USB to save space? Also a super flat battery and hard drive. It might be cool to get the solid state hard drive option as well. Seems like that means that you don't have to be limited by the RPM's that a normal drive spins so I wonder how fast that would make it... It'd also be interesting to see how comfortable it really is to use...

• Members

Very cool but I'm not sure about the flat key tops.

Actually if they are the same as my Apple ultrathin aluminum keyboard I use at work it should be really nice. Wish they made a PC version of it. In a heartbeat I'd have them on both PC towers and a wireless one for my current laptop.

index_hero_wireless20070807.png

wired_keyboard20070813.gif

Archived