3 Days Grace/Seether/Econoline Crush concert review

Joey Joe Joe

• Members

I saw Seether open up for 3 Doors Down once, and they nearly got booed off the stage. Our Lady Peace was next, and had an incredible show. Bass player had tone to die for, and 3 Doors Down, sorry if you don't like them, but that was the best mixed show I've ever heard, and I was even in the pit- that's how good their side-fills sounded. Both guitarists changing instruments EVERY song got tiring, but I love the sound and look of different PRS's, so I didn't complain. :)

• Members

I saw Seether open up for 3 Doors Down once, and they nearly got booed off the stage. Our Lady Peace was next, and had an incredible show. Bass player had tone to die for, and 3 Doors Down, sorry if you don't like them, but that was
the
best mixed show I've ever heard, and I was even in the pit- that's how good their side-fills sounded. Both guitarists changing instruments EVERY song got tiring, but I love the sound and look of different PRS's, so I didn't complain.
:)

Wait a sec...it sounds to me like you just maybe eluded to the fact that you maybe perhaps by chance like Our Lady Peace? :confused:

Forgive the intrusion, it's just rare to talk to anyone that actually likes them around here. I do.

• Members

Wait a sec...it sounds to me like you just maybe eluded to the fact that you maybe perhaps by chance like Our Lady Peace?
:confused:

Forgive the intrusion, it's just rare to talk to anyone that actually likes them around here. I do.

I love those guys. Do other people not? I've always been a fan as long as I can remember. Canadian or not, eh! :)

• Members

and 3 Doors Down, sorry if you don't like them, but that was
the
best mixed show I've ever heard, and I was even in the pit- that's how good their side-fills sounded.

They better sound good! They are Monster Cable and QSC artists!!!!

:D

• Members

They better sound good! They are Monster Cable and QSC artists!!!!

Just sayin', mang. :) They performed flawlessly, too. I for one was blown away. I figure they'd be like every other radio artist, but it was a great show.

• Members

Just sayin', mang.
They performed flawlessly, too. I for one was blown away. I figure they'd be like every other radio artist, but it was a great show.

Well.....much like the maligned Nickelback, they are extremely good at what they do.

I just don't care for what they do, but I give them props!

• Members

Well.....much like the maligned Nickelback, they are extremely good at what they do.

I just don't care for what they do, but I give them props!

My brother has seen NB 3 or 4 times, and he said it was the loudest, most raucous show he's ever seen, and that's counting the Tool show we went to in 02. I wouldn't mind seeing them, even if just once. I know they turn it up, and if the live mix is anything like the CDs, the bass be thumpin'!!

• Members

I love those guys. Do other people not? I've always been a fan as long as I can remember. Canadian or not, eh!

i've been into them since their first record. i'm that old. they never hit in the states like they did in canada, which is too bad. they're really good live (though i haven't seen them since they hired their new guitar player).

robb.

• Members

Econoline Crush is still around? Wow. I saw them once when I was like 14. It seemed like a pretty good show at the time.

Only the singer is left, the rest of the band quit when he tried a solo career. On their first tour as the re-vamped Econoline, the band doubled as roadies and setup/tore down all their own gear. Must have been a tough going for them to get back into it.

• Members

Sounds like a horrible show, :D

I saw 3 days grace with breaking benjamin and staind. They were atrocious. The bassist was washed out and played generic riffs and the rest of the band was truly mediocre. Staind put on an AMAZING show however, which surprised the hell out of me. :cool: Breaking Benjamin was good too.

• Members

I love those guys. Do other people not? I've always been a fan as long as I can remember. Canadian or not, eh!

Yeah...I don't know. A select group of my friends is in to them. I honestly have liked them since Naveed. I saw them open for Candlebox and Sponge in Indy in, oh, let's say 1996, I think it was. Excellent show. Excellent sound. I've seen them a couple of times since, then.

However, most of the time when I bring up Our Lady Peace, even to musician friends, mind you, I get that blank stare like I have just sprouted an extra head. :freak: I think maybe it's because they have stayed mostly under the radio radar for most of their career. I think "Superman's Dead" way back in '97 and then "Gravity" or whatever it was called in '03 were the only solid breakthroughs they have had in Cincinnati radio.

• Members

Sounds like a horrible show,

I saw 3 days grace with breaking benjamin and staind. They were atrocious. The bassist was washed out and played generic riffs and the rest of the band was truly mediocre. Staind put on an AMAZING show however, which surprised the hell out of me.
:cool:
Breaking Benjamin was good too.

Staind was always great live. Saw them a few times. Not sure why they got a bad wrap. There's lots worse out there.

• Members

Only the singer is left, the rest of the band quit when he tried a solo career. On their first tour as the re-vamped Econoline, the band doubled as roadies and setup/tore down all their own gear. Must have been a tough going for them to get back into it.

Wow, sounds disastrous. The original guitarist was pretty good, I think his name(or stage name) was Ziggy Sigmund. I guess Trevor Hurst's solo career bombed hard.

• Members

Sounds like a horrible show,

I saw 3 days grace with breaking benjamin and staind. They were atrocious. The bassist was washed out and played generic riffs and the rest of the band was truly mediocre. Staind put on an AMAZING show however, which surprised the hell out of me.
:cool:
Breaking Benjamin was good too.

Yeah, it definitely wasn

Archived