Saw Todd Rundgren Saturday night!

bnyswonger

• Members

I'll admit to being a long-time Todd fan, but even those who aren't I think would enjoy this show. It was just a totally no frills, balls out two guitars, bass & drums ROCK SHOW. Todd sang his ass off, played a lot of exciting lead guitar, his support guitarist is excellent, Kasim Sultan is a solid bassist. They played a great mix of new & old material.

They're playing Park West Chicagoans...GO! :thu:

• Members
I'll admit to being a long-time Todd fan, but even those who aren't I think would enjoy this show. It was just a totally no frills, balls out two guitars, bass & drums ROCK SHOW. Todd sang his ass off, played a lot of exciting lead guitar, his support guitarist is excellent, Kasim Sultan is a solid bassist. They played a great mix of new & old material.

They're playing Park West Chicagoans...GO!
:thu:

Was this "the New Cars", or Todds band?

• Members

Kasim is great, and he sings so great too.

I'll have to see if they're coming here, that might be fun. Thanks Bob!

The backing vocals were real strong. Kasim sang lead on Trapped in the encore.

I'm not a huge fan of his playing - although it is always solid as hell - it's not anything particularly special. The whole thing worked really well, though.

• Members
:cool:

I've been a big fan of his since the Nazz days.

Same here. I've seen him with Utopia several times. I have a video concert of Utopia on USA Network from Thanksgiving evening 1980. It rocks. Kasim is great as is Willie Wilcox on drums. In the video Kasim plays a Steinie and a Hamer 8 string.

• Members

Kiddie boy, kiddie boy, don't you kid around with me....
:thu:

I played that one in high school! ;)

The oldest tune they did was Broke Down and Busted off the first Runt album. They did it more like an uptempo shuffle, it took me a few seconds to recognize it...very cool version.

• Members

The backing vocals were real strong. Kasim sang lead on
Trapped
in the encore.

I'm not a huge fan of his playing - although it is always solid as hell - it's not anything particularly special. The whole thing worked really well, though.

:D

• Members

I would like to see that show. Todd's and odd one - real hot & cold for me. Some of his stuff (RA/Utopia, A Capella) I really like, and others (Hello It's Me, et al.) I simply can't stand. Still, when he's good, he's really good.

I did see him on the A Capella tour (with the "Eleven Voice Orchestra") - that was great. I think it was around 1985.

Archived