Who do you support for president?

ec437

• Members

His hands were tied by a republican congress who screamed "Wag the dog" whenever he tried to take action. The Clinton administration handed the Bushies a lot of info on Bin Laden, which was ignored.

I'm not the biggest Clinton fan, but I think placing all blame on him for Bin Laden is wrong.

Please show how a Republican Congress kept Clinton from doing anything regarding OBL...

- georgestrings

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, they blocked anti-terrorism legislation that would have given him better tools to track terrorists and Bin Laden.

Actually, it was a Clinton DOJ person who squashed communications that most likely would've prevented 9/11 - ever heard of Jaime Gorelick(sp?)...

Exactly what legislation are you referring to, btw???

- georgestrings

• Members

Not sure of the name of the bill. One of 'em is referred to here:

OK, I read that link - it really doesn't support your contention that Republicans hindered Clinton from doing anything about OBL - got anything more, or did you just repeat a DU talking point with no factual basis???

I did notice that it mentioned Republicans trying to stop Clinton from expanding wiretapping - isn't that the very thing liberals blast the current administration for???

- georgestrings

• Members

OK, I read that link - it really doesn't support your contention that Republicans hindered Clinton from doing anything about OBL

I did notice that it mentioned Republicans trying to stop Clinton from expanding wiretapping - isn't that the very thing liberals blast the current administration for???

georgestrings

yup and yup. they completely {censored}ed up and are doing everything to pin it on bush. can you imagine how much more damage they will do if they are reelected?

• Members

Pretty funny, huh? I haven't read the Patriot act, so I don't know the details, but when Clinton was proposing the same type of litigation, the dems were for it and the republicans were against it. Party line politics blow.

Holy crap I said a mouthful. I'm going to bed.

Archived