GK Goldline 8x10 cab

JeffBass

• Members

They're selling them at MF.com for 499.00 right now, looks like a real steal. All the reviews are GLOWING, especially when paired with the 1001RBII head. Imagine that, a 750watt, bi-amped, 8x10 rig for around 1500.00 bucks!! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet......

Reviews included here.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/GallienKrueger-Goldline-8x10-Bass-Cabinet?sku=486510

:love:

• Members

I test-drove one at GC with the 700rbII, and it was pretty killer. Nice and bright, with tight lows.

Though 158lbs is a bit much.
:D

I don't understand why companies aren't selling Neo 8x10's...

C7

There must be a practical reason, because all these new gen neos seem to have the technology perfected :idk:

• Members

There must be a practical reason, because all these new gen neos seem to have the technology perfected
:idk:

Price is the only thing I can think of, but the price of neo speakers is coming into line with conventional ferrite speakers. I can't imagine that someone that's willing to spend $1000+ on a new Ampeg fridge would be unwilling to shell out an additional $100 for a cab they could move up stairs by themselves...

I guarantee that the next cabs I buy are going to be Neo, and I have no problem lifting a 100lb cab. It's evolution, who am I to stand in its way?:D

C7

• Members

Price is the only thing I can think of, but the price of neo speakers is coming into line with conventional ferrite speakers. I can't imagine that someone that's willing to spend $1000+ on a new Ampeg fridge would be unwilling to shell out an additional $100 for a cab they could move up stairs by themselves...

I guarantee that the next cabs I buy are going to be Neo, and I have no problem lifting a 100lb cab. It's evolution, who am I to stand in its way?
:D
C7

:thu:

I don't think i'll ever need an 8x10 tbh, I think my next purchase cab wise (for a long time) will be a warwick 611 pro and i'll be set

w611pro.jpg

Unless something neo comes along with a near equivalent price point, since that sucker weighs in at 121lbs.

• Members

Specs on that GK don't look too promising. And the speakers make me think of that 'other' brand with aluminium coned-speakers...

I agree with that, but I did try out the 4X10 version with a 1001 RB-II and it sounded pretty good. I had my SR4 with me and wanted to try the head out...and that was the only cab near it. I was surprised. C7's little review is pretty close to what I thought as well...

Archived