Sam Ash gone upscale??

Craig Vecchione

• Members

Skyline only or also the US models?

Not sure, but they only had skylines at the store I was at. I played a daryl jones skyline 5 that I really was enamored with, but the guy who was working there decided to park 10 feet away from me and pound some crappy slap thing at a volume that was so loud I could really get a good feel for the tone. It was almost humorous to me.

• Members

Last time I was at my local Sam Ash it was like a new place. They still had a lot of cheap stuff, but they've added Lakland Skyline, Eden, Warwick, have started to stock Ernie Ball again. Not that I'm really a fan of most of that stuff, but it's quality gear. Also, the service has gotten better, but maybe could still be improved.

• Members

They haven't been bought out by GC yet? I'm shocked....everything else has.

Last I checked, Guitar Center, Musican's Friend, Music123 and Woodwind&Brasswind are all owned by the same company. Aren't they just dying inside knowing there is another chain retailer out there that they don't own?

• Members

They haven't been bought out by GC yet? I'm shocked....everything else has.

Last I checked, Guitar Center, Musican's Friend, Music123 and Woodwind&Brasswind are all owned by the same company. Aren't they just dying inside knowing there is another chain retailer out there that they don't own?

Music and Arts Center is also on the list of GC owned locations.

Archived