So I just filed my taxes...

t3ch

• Members

I haven't even gotten my W2's yet.....
:freak:

I realized that I'm getting jipped BAD by my current job, just by looking at my check (for once). They direct deposit, so I typically don't pay attention...but I'm getting 33% taken out every 2 weeks of each check...which is about $200 a check...it's pretty stupid, and with all my current bills, it's making things real hard on me to pay stuff off...let alone eat, or pay for gas to GET to work...

33%?? Jeez man, you pullin' in the mid 6 digits or what! I'd get that corrected and on the quick!

• Members

I've filled, but not filed, my forms. I will wait, even though I 'm due a refund, because the stupid mutual fund companies can NEVER get it right the first time. If I file "early" meaning on time by my and the IRS's standards, sure enough, I'll get a corrected 1099 a month later and have to due an amended return. I think that if the mutual fund company can't get their act together and get the forms right the first time, then they should have to pay to have everyone's return redone. Hey, it's all on computers, isn't it??? What's the friggin' problem??? [/rant]

Oh, and damnation, I got hit by the AMT for the very first time this year. It sucks!!!!!

• Members

Yeah, we do amended returns ALL the time b/c of those corrected 1099 statements from investment firms. It's a pain in the butt to rerun all those filing docs JUST to "match" to the IRS, even if it doesn't affect you tax-wise. ugh.

And yeah- AMT is a bitch. And way outta control. Hope they reign it in here soon...

• Members

I get a $60 federal and $30 state return. It's gonna cost me $15 just to file a federal and $30 to file a state.

I thought there was some big tax rebate thing going on this year?
:confused::mad:

Thats pretty good. Most people think that a return is a good thing. But if you think about it, if you get a 1500 return, that was 1500 that the government had of your money throughout the year. And the crappy thing is, who knows if they have more $ that you will probably never see. Getting as close to 0 is a good thing. Just a thought

Sucks about the fees... they stick it to you any way they can.

• Members

Thats pretty good. Most people think that a return is a good thing. But if you think about it, if you get a 1500 return, that was 1500 that the government had of your money throughout the year. And the crappy thing is, who knows if they have more $ that you will probably never see. Getting as close to 0 is a good thing. Just a thought

Sucks about the fees... they stick it to you any way they can.

That depends on what you would have done with the money if you had gotten it during the year...invest in a high yeild bond = good. Invest in the latest Star to find out what rehab Britney is in this week or buy more ring tones = bad.

• Members

I just finished filing today. I usually need to pay in a small amount or I get a very modest refund. This year was no different, so I'm sitting pretty well (except for the fact that I'm still poor).

Heck. Since I'm in a low income bracket, I can be happy with the fact that for every one dollar of taxes I pay, I get $8.25 worth of government spending. Woohoo!

• Members

Which is why I'm looking to move to Iceland. I mean, if they would take in an asshole like Bobby Fischer, then they'd certainly take me!
:cool:

Don't look to Europe for tax relief unless you are an artist and moving to Ireland. The rest of those poor bastages are taxed at ridiculous rates.:wave:

Archived