OT: Black hair dye

boscal45

• Members

I am playing in the band for our schools upcoming musical, and I need to dye my hair black. I have dyed it black before, but it turned blueish fairly quickly. Do any of you have experience with a black hair dye that is maybe more of a brown base more so than a blue or purple? It needs to be black for two weeks, so the dye also needs to not fade that much.

Any brands or tips or whatever that I should know about?

Thanks!

pete

• Members

Go to a professional. It'll cost you, but it's worth it in the long run if you screw it up yourself.

I agree. I had to get my hair dyed blonde for a part in a play before, I was tempted to do it myself but decided to get it done by a pro. It turned out great! I would have {censored}ed it up. :lol:

• Members

Go to a professional. It'll cost you, but it's worth it in the long run if you screw it up yourself.

the costume/make up department head has done this sort of stuff for years, so she would do a good job of it. i just need to get good dye.

• Members

We used to dye our hair all different colors from pretty normal (red, grey) to crazy (blue an purple) leading up to shaving our heads for swimming. The crazy colors didn't stay at all, but the normal colors were fine. I bet you could get away with buying a 5$ kit from a pharmacy.

Yo.

• Members

the costume/make up department head has done this sort of stuff for years, so she would do a good job of it. i just need to get good dye.

I bet she has some good suggestions then.

The only reason why I worry is because if the box says semi permanent, it's not. I can't tell you how many times I've f-ed my hair up thinking will wash out. Once it penetrates the pores of the hair follicle, it's in.

Archived