on the 'bay

fretless

• Members

new rules

lots of them but I like this first one

Feedback Changes

The eBay Feedback system was designed to provide a simple, honest, accurate record of member experiences. Focusing on customer service includes doing everything we can to grow customer confidence in our sellers.

Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.

Positive repeat customer Feedback will count (up to 1 Feedback from the same buyer per week.)

Feedback more than 12-months old won't count towards your Feedback percentage.

When a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) process the negative or neutral Feedback they have left for that transaction will be removed.

When a member is suspended, all their negative and neutral Feedback will be removed.

Buyers must wait 3 days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback for sellers with an established track record, to encourage communication.

All Feedback must be left within 60 days (compared to 90 days today) of listing end to encourage timely Feedback and discourage abuse.

Buyers will be held more accountable when sellers report an unpaid item or commit other policy violations.

• Members

new rules

lots of them but I like this first one

Feedback Changes

The eBay Feedback system was designed to provide a simple, honest, accurate record of member experiences. Focusing on customer service includes doing everything we can to grow customer confidence in our sellers.

Positive repeat customer Feedback will count (up to 1 Feedback from the same buyer per week.)

Feedback more than 12-months old won't count towards your Feedback percentage.

When a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) process the negative or neutral Feedback they have left for that transaction will be removed.

When a member is suspended, all their negative and neutral Feedback will be removed.

Buyers must wait 3 days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback for sellers with an established track record, to encourage communication.

All Feedback must be left within 60 days (compared to 90 days today) of listing end to encourage timely Feedback and discourage abuse.

Buyers will be held more accountable when sellers report an unpaid item or commit other policy violations.

Finally!! Last year a seller didn't ship my item so I emailed him several times, opened a case, then he did it. I received it about a month after I ordered it and he was only in Scotland. :mad:

I left him neutral feedback to say that it was delayed and no response. He made some stupid excuses in my feedback and left me negative. My rating has been screwed up since. He did it to a few people around the same time and got booted from eBay.

• Members

Where did you find this out, I can't find it on eBay anywhere?
:confused:

they emailed me , here's the whole thing

Seller Update: Fees, Rewards & Standards

eBay buyers want value and selection from sellers they can trust--and good sellers deserve rewards for delivering great customer service. That's why we're making a number of important changes that may affect you:

Reduced Listing Fees

You asked, we listened. We're reducing Insertion Fees and adjusting Final Value Fees to lower your up-front cost to sell on eBay. You wanted free Gallery, now you've got it--plus more feature discounts.

Lower Insertion Fees

Making Gallery free

Lower fees for Gallery Plus, Picture Pack, and Feature Plus

Rewards for great sellers

There will be discounts and incentives for those who satisfy customers best. Who decides who gets rewarded? Customers do, by giving sellers high Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs).

More search exposure through Best Match

Fee discounts for PowerSellers

Increased protection for PowerSellers

Feedback Changes

Significant changes coming soon will increase buyer confidence and showcase good sellers.

Positive repeat customer Feedback will count and Feedback more than 12 months old won't.

Negative and neutral Feedback left by the buyer will be removed for transactions in which a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) or if the member is suspended.

For more details on how these changes may affect you, attend a special Seller Webinar at 10:00 a.m. this Friday, February 1. You may also see announcements from eBay executives on the Announcement Board.

• Members

F--- ebay. I cancelled my ebay account and my paypal account. I had 100% feedback over a couple of hundred transactions - buying and selling. I can find better deals on craigs list or in town and I don't feel like I've had the privilege of paying the highest price.

for those that have ebay work for you, great. I just never cared for it.

• Members

am i misinterpreting this, or does it seem like the folks who don't pay, etc. get off easier? once suspended, they get a clean slate?

and, for folks like me who buy and sell really, really rarely...we will have no positive rating if we have long gaps?

Archived