DC Brick & Bassballs

gretschzildjian

• Members

Hey all,

Since my pedalboard is getting bigger and bigger, I'm considering getting a Dunlop DC Brick for power. The MIA Bassballs re-issue I got hold of recently has a mini-jack socket to plug the power in. I also heard (but ain't sure) that the Bassballs has reversed polarity (+ on the tip).

Anyone has any experience with the DC Brick? Should the Bassballs function well with it?

• Members

For a quarter of the price of a Jim Dunlop DC Brick I bought a similar piece of kit from an electrical retailer with outputs for ten 9v pedals. If you shop around on the internet/ ebay you can find a generic substitute that'll do the same job for less cash.

Assume it would be fine with a Bass Balls - mine drives four different pedals of different makes and sizes.

• Moderators

commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=2119

:thu:

The 12v is a nice addition for many wireless, but the Brick has 3 18VDC outlets. If either the Brick had the 12Vs in addition to its 18V or the T-Rex had the 18V in addition to its 12V outlets they would both be winners.

To the OP, you could always go to Radio Shack and get a little adatper that changed the polarity of that one cable if it didn't originally work properly with the bass balls.

Archived