smash lab just isnt as cool as mythbusters

jonathan_matos5

• CMS Author

Jamie and Adam are guys who do this stuff for a living, not just some handpicked actors. So it comes across real because it is real...they know they're facing viewer feedback, and it's cool that they devote shows to arguments against their previous claims.

I saw one episode of Smash Lab, and I'm turned off. It was the one with them building a shed and using big fans to replicate a hurricane.

Lamest pile of bull{censored} ever.

The "shed" was put together with 1/4" plywood power-stapled every couple of feet. {censored}ed if I've ever seen a building built like this. Of course it blew apart like it was The Three Little Pigs. I mean, come on.....they poked holes in it by firing baseballs at it with a handheld Jugs gun......:rolleyes:

• Members

Jamie and Adam are guys who do this stuff for a living, not just some handpicked actors. So it comes across real because it is real...they know they're facing viewer feedback, and it's cool that they devote shows to arguments against their previous claims.

I saw one episode of Smash Lab, and I'm turned off. It was the one with them building a shed and using big fans to replicate a hurricane.

Lamest pile of bull{censored} ever.

The "shed" was put together with 1/4" plywood power-stapled every couple of feet. {censored}ed if I've ever seen a building built like this. Of course it blew apart like it was The Three Little Pigs. I mean, come on.....they poked holes in it by firing baseballs at it with a handheld Jugs gun......
:rolleyes:

You did better than I did. I sat through two episodes before I gave up on it.

Given the scrutiny that mythbusters receives, you'd think that they'd get their {censored} together when producing a show like Smash Lab. Maybe Smash Lab is supposed to be Mythbusters for the American Idol crowd.

• CMS Author

You did better than I did. I sat through two episodes before I gave up on it.

Given the scrutiny that mythbusters receives, you'd think that they'd get their {censored} together when producing a show like Smash Lab. Maybe Smash Lab is supposed to be Mythbusters for the American Idol crowd.

Mythbusters is to Jeopardy! as Smash Lab is to Wheel of Fortune.:thu:

• Members

I find it astounding how the Discovery Channel basically just clones its other successful shows, so what we end up with is 2 survivalist shows, 2 science-reality shows, 2 disaster shows, and about 45 plausible-scenario shows detailing how we're all going to {censored}ing die. And that stupid How It's Made show.:D

And all those inane Modern Marvels shows. They ran out of marvels 10 years ago, now we're watching about the marvel of the hard hat and steel toed boots and {censored}. Lameness.

C7

Archived