SVT mmmmmness

cwatson

• Members

Well, my band are covering a song by the klaxons (don't know how well they're known in the states?) but basically I need that typical pbass into a ampeg svt into 8x10 kinda grindy tone any bass player should know what I mean! How ever I have no form of driver unit to get said tone

I'm running a PJ (will solo the P pup for this) into Warwick Quad IV head with a dbx 160a in the loop into 411pro and 211pro cabinets If i push the preamp gain it just kinda gets farty and obviously very loud and im worried about blowing something (should I be?) for an all tube pre amp it don't get very grindy! What I guess I'm looking for is that cranked all-tube sound

I've been looking at the sansamp programmable bass DI will that give me the sound? is the're any multi distortion pedal that will do it as well as full on fuzz as I'm also looking at getting a Zvex woolly mammoth but a bit short on cash

any ideas?

Chris

• CMS Author

Tech 12 BDDI or Sansamp

Nope. Been there, done that, sold it.

I'm tellin' youz, there's no good replica for a tube amp driven hard. They all come out sounding like chainsaws. For a live covers act though, if good enough is good enough, then use any decent overdrive, cut the lows and highs a tad, and be done with it.

Archived