Was I tricked when buying my bass?

Sartic

• Members

Edit: 2 years? Forget about the return man - you took possession....PRobably you got an older model 60, but call Fender to be sure.

Well, if it isn't a model 60 at all, he would definately have the right to get his money back, or get a replacement here in Norway at least. Despite that it has been two year, he obviously haven't noticed it before he saw the differences between his bass and other 60' anniversary models.

• Members

The bass is not a 60th Anniversary in the special edition sense.

I believe that Fender put that sticker on all of their USA models as a celebration of the anniversary, much as they did with their other anniversary years.

I may be wrong, though.

Still, if the bass was marketed as a 60th edition, you were tricked.

Sorry.

• Members

How much did you pay for it? Worst case scenario is you got a USA Fender, which isn't hlf bad IMO. But if you paid extra for the 60th thing...then that could suck and I would immediately go back to the store you bought it from with your receipt.

Dan

+1: Make them "make it right". If you bought it off craigslist you'd a been pretty much screwed. But since you bought it from a store, you may have a chance. Matt

Ooops, I didn't see that it's been 2 years...

• Members

I reckon that a store who's prepared to rip you off, or not competent enough to know what they're selling you, isn't gonna be too hot in the aftersales department.

That wouldn't stop me heading down there and having a potentially violent encounter though.:mad:

• Members

This is what happens, when you don't bother to research the instrument you are planning to buy.

I'm sorry you got took dude, but next time - do your homework and inform yourself.

I'm afraid I have to agree with you, he left it long enough. If it was within 90 days then maybe? but 2 years. I doubt the store will do anything.

• Members

I'm afraid I have to agree with you, he left it long enough. If it was within 90 days then maybe? but 2 years. I doubt the store will do anything.

They SHOULDN'T do anything, after 2 years.

That would open the floodgates for scams and flakes.

Sorry, but this buyer was pretty much an idiot.

If you live in the civilized world, and you're gonna shell out that kinda jack for an instrument, there is no excuse to not know what it looks like, and what the exact features and retail price are.

Make an impulse buy - prepare to be burned. It's always been this way, and will always be this way.

Caveat Emptor.

• Members

Yes, I don't think there's much you can do about it now...2 years after the fact. But don't fault the bass you have now...if you're digging it, even though you got "took"...it's still a bass you like. Yes, you paid extra for it, but don't let that stand in your way of playing, as the "60th Anniversary" emblem on the headstock won't make it play better anyway.

• Members

The bass is not a 60th Anniversary in the special edition sense.

I believe that Fender put that sticker on all of their USA models as a celebration of the anniversary, much as they did with their other anniversary years.

I may be wrong, though.

Still, if the bass was marketed as a 60th edition, you were tricked.

Sorry.

yep, my P Bass has it. It is just a standard US P.

Archived