Chorus pedals?

takeout

• Members

Boss CEB-3

From the Boss web site...

"A split-frequency chorus capable of applying warm, rich chorus to higher frequencies without muddying the lows. A space synthesis effect guarantees a natural and spacious chorus effect."

This secret to getting the most out of this pedal is to use two stacks.:)

• Members

Where is the love for homebrew electronics!

I would say the Analogman is certainly a consideration as well. There was one at my local shop recently and I almost swapped for it. My THC is VERY lush and doesn't have that digital dryness. I swapped a CEB-3 for this beauty. Plenty of headroom, a simple interface, plenty of adjustability, easy to dial in a great sound.

You can listen at my bands myspace in my sig. The beginning of both songs uses it.

hbethcblupa4.jpg

• Members
Where is the love for homebrew electronics!

I would say the Analogman is certainly a consideration as well. There was one at my local shop recently and I almost swapped for it. My THC is VERY lush and doesn't have that digital dryness. I swapped a CEB-3 for this beauty. Plenty of headroom, a simple interface, plenty of adjustability, easy to dial in a great sound.

You can listen at my bands myspace in my sig. The beginning of both songs uses it.

hbethcblupa4.jpg

I was all about my HBE phaser in the phaser thread. :)
And had I have bought the phaser first, I would have bought the THC instead, to be quite honest over my Analogman.

I'm a convert of nice pedals are worth the money. :)

• Members
I was all about my HBE phaser in the phaser thread.
:)
And had I have bought the phaser first, I would have bought the THC instead, to be quite honest over my Analogman.

I'm a convert of nice pedals are worth the money.

It's funny you mention that. I got a sick deal on the Psilocybe Phaser on ebay last year, picked it up on a whim. I was so impressed, that I ditched my CEB-3 and went with the THC. Great move. Those two pedals work very well together. THe beginning of "Salvation" on my band's page uses both the chorus and phaseer. My guitard buddies love that phaser, they claim it is one of the best they have ever heard. My PE Depth Charge Fuzz sounds rediculous through it as well. It really does well with the harmonics, awesome swells. Very Zeppelin "Nobody's Fault But Mine" kinda sound.

• Members
It's funny you mention that. I got a sick deal on the Psilocybe Phaser on ebay last year, picked it up on a whim. I was so impressed, that I ditched my CEB-3 and went with the THC. Great move. Those two pedals work very well together. THe beginning of "Salvation" on my band's page uses both the chorus and phaseer. My guitard buddies love that phaser, they claim it is one of the best they have ever heard. My PE Depth Charge Fuzz sounds rediculous through it as well. It really does well with the harmonics, awesome swells. Very Zeppelin "Nobody's Fault But Mine" kinda sound.

I would agree with you on the sound of that phaser. I haven't heard much better, if ever. I really only have like 2 settings for it, but for all the stuff you CAN do, even brand new it was worth it to me. :) I use it as much as possible w/out it being obnoxious.

• Members
I would agree with you on the sound of that phaser. I haven't heard much better, if ever. I really only have like 2 settings for it, but for all the stuff you CAN do, even brand new it was worth it to me.
I use it as much as possible w/out it being obnoxious.

The swells can get very extreme, that pedal can really get crazy. I keep it conservative. If you have a horn tweeter that is really juiced up, it will distort like crazy at the peaks.

Archived