NBD, whoops. G&L content again.

justinbass

• Members

So is it a tribute or a full fat G&L?

either way, nice!

I thought SB-2's were just SB-2's and didn't have a tribute line... :confused:

edit -- nm, just checked out the G&L site and I am just stupid :p

• Members

I like the G&L SB-2's just how they are with just the two volume controls and no tone control. These basses have such an aggressive tone to them I don't see the need for a tone control, a little blending of both pickups gives you a lot of tone options as is.

• Members

G&L Tributes are awesome.

Am I the only one who thinks G&L is making a big marketing mistake by putting the
exact
same pickups/electronics/bridge in their $400 basses as their $1200 basses?

I dont think it is a mistake at all. They are so good more and more people buy them, and if they want more finish options, or perhaps a fretless, or have enough money, then they get the US models.

• Members

I dont think it is a mistake at all. They are so good more and more people buy them, and if they want more finish options, or perhaps a fretless, or have enough money, then they get the US models.

+1 I think its a clever move. At least with the Tributes you don't have to worry about needing to upgrade the pickups. :)

• Members
+1 I think its a clever move. At least with the Tributes you don't have to worry about needing to upgrade the pickups.
:)

+2. I just got a Trib S500, and its awesome. For ~$500, fully playable, semi-pro instrument.

I also own a US SB-2, and it pwns all other basses. You don't need no dang tone control, just man up and learn to use all the tonal options presented to you by 12" of string between the bridge and neck :)

• Members

You don't need no dang tone control, just man up and learn to use all the tonal options presented to you by 12" of string between the bridge and neck
:)

Same on any bass. That's one thing I love messing with, just moving where I pluck the string. :cool:

I usually favour plucking right back beside the bridge but I've been experimenting with plucking right above the end of the fingerboard, or even up at the 14th or 15th frets. :)

Archived