My New Band... (clips inside)

James Hart

• Members

[Attention Whoring]

SO I've been jamming with an Alt. Rock Singer / Guitarist and his drummer lately. I have jammed with them a couple times in the past year, but kinda blew them off a while... well they begged me to commit to one rehearsal a week and it's been about a good month or so now.

I like the material so far and the guys are all pretty cool to hang with...

Here is a sample of the kinda stuff we are doing

I'm playing my Worker Bee fretted 7 into my pedal board and using a POS 100 watt Ampeg solidstate 1/15" combo that the drummer has sitting around. Once my new Bag End D12 arrives, I'll be lugging the Classic 400 to rehearsals.

Here is my current board as of today....

fx-take6.jpg

In this tune the Ibanez AD-9 is on as is the Sunkist Squeeze and Boost side of the KoT (I am SOOOOO glad to have that box back!!!). The more dirty bits have the Thor added in as well.

The guitarist is playing a MIM Strat into a Zoom multi-fx thing and a Bad Monkey.... through a Fender Deluxe (little solidstate 1x12 combo).

Any comments?

[/Attention Whoring]

Oh yeah, recording was on my Zoom H2 sitting in the room set to do 2-channel 320bit MP3 using all 4 mics.

• Members

ok... I'll just keep posting tunes from last night's rehearsal until I sucker someone into listening and commenting :poke:

http://www.myselfalone.com/tracks/leWis/leWis-20080309-Gaza_(jam).mp3

this one has a little of my new used DOD FX35 Octoplus....

and hold on to your bad selves.... I'm playing a passive Ibanez starter pack 4 string P bass :eek:

It's my drummers, I grabbed it as a goof, but it sounded and played pretty damn good :thu:

• Members

sounds great man. i'm not so keen on the singer but, it sounds like the drummer is killer
:thu:

thanks... I'm liking Dan's voice, I know he's rough, but he's gonna be great. He's just got that vibe about him.

The drummer.... 21 year old Phish head of all things! I'm starting to feel where he wants to be and we are learning to react to each other. It's scary that his folks and I are just a couple years apart.

• Members

thanks... I'm liking Dan's voice, I know he's rough, but he's gonna be great. He's just got that vibe about him.

The drummer.... 21 year old Phish head of all things! I'm starting to feel where he wants to be and we are learning to react to each other. It's scary that his folks and I are just a couple years apart.

you know man - i may have been a bit rash. i went back and listened to it again and your singer sounds like he's good range ,it may just be the hesitation in delivery i'm hearing (which is to be expected with new songs) and i'm assuming he's singing and playing guitar at the same time?

it's great when you lock in with a good drummer.another couple of practices and you guys will be smokin :thu:

• Members

Thanks again... yeah this is all new material that has been thrown together over the last month or so. Dan is playing guitar and singing at the same time. His brother also plays with us, but has not been to the last to rehearsals. We are looking for a keyboardist to add to the group.

Here is another tune with vocals....

http://www.myselfalone.com/tracks/leWis/leWis-20080309-Adrenaline.mp3

Bee again... but through the sunkist squeeze, flipster and AD-9 played with a pick. This was written last week a day before the last rehearsal.

• Members

I'll have a listen when I get home from work this evening. I have sound on my pc in work but its not good at all - distorted and noisey.
:(

I carry earbuds for just that reason :)

here is the last bit from the H2 I cut up for listening to.

http://www.myselfalone.com/tracks/leWis/leWis-20080309-Chill_(jam).mp3

again, the cheap ass, beat down, Ibanez starter pack bass. The singer was ad-libbing so it might be worked into a some at some point.

• Members

I carry earbuds for just that reason
:)

here is the last bit from the H2 I cut up for listening to.

http://www.myselfalone.com/tracks/leWis/leWis-20080309-Chill_(jam).mp3

again, the cheap ass, beat down, Ibanez starter pack bass. The singer was ad-libbing so it might be worked into a some at some point.

I do too, I have mine with me. Just listening to some songs on my Mp3 player while working now. :)

But the problem is the soundcard in my work pc. :mad::cry:

• Members

:thu: - I like the music and your playing is great!

I really dig the drummer as well - I espeically like what he does with the snare when he is groovin' hard.

I like the rawness of the vocals.

and for the record, Phish heads rule!

• Members

- I like the music and your playing is great!

I really dig the drummer as well - I especially like what he does with the snare when he is groovin' hard.

I like the rawness of the vocals.

and for the record, Phish heads rule!

Thanks! I'm digging the material and direction... It's a fun jam. The drummer got shot down for Berkley this year,but he's hoping to get in next time around (he didn't realize you actually need to know theory and reading).

yeah, Phish heads ain't so bad :thu:

• Members

same here atm. that's some nice riffage. I'd say innovative although a bit on the Pink Floyd side. three thumbs up from me

I've been a big floyd fan since I first heard them when Another brick in the wall was a radio hit. I actually used a lyric piece as my senior quote back in 1986. Thanks for the nod to my influences :thu:

• Members

Gotta get some cans - then I'll chime in.

OK - I like the two real songs with vocal. The guys has a pretty compelling voice - it reminds me of John Wetton a little. The blues jam is overlong although there is some interesting interplay and the modal thing is kind of cool. Sonically it's pretty good, the only thing that really bugged me was the kick drum sounding kind of thwacky and off to a side. The bass was all nice - of course we expect that out of you. ;)

Polish up those tunes and record them for real. :wave:

Archived