Squier Frank Bello Signature Bass--anybody?

valentsgrif

• Members

I am a HUGE Anthrax fan, and a HUGE Frank Bello fan. Yet, honestly niether his Fender nor Squire basses have a tone control. Even though Bello has used his Squire live, you have to remember that he used it through a kickass Fender amp rig. I think he uses their 800 watt heads and 8x10 cabs.

Anyway it is probably a decent for the price, from what I hear Fender has improved the Squire line. I know thier Jaco fretless knockoff is sweet, and their 75 jazz, and 59 p-bass copies play nice too.

• Members

You know since Frank is one of my bass heros and I don't want to buy his Fender model only because for 700 bucks and has no tone switch, I might get this for {censored}s and giggles fun.

I say go for it...its Anthrax and just be glad your son doesn't want that sig bass from oh whats his name that plays with Fall Out Boy.

• Members

If I bought that bass, I would change the controls. Id keep the 2 knob setup, but the first knob would be a push/pull to have series/parallel switching, master volume for both pickups. Id make the second knob on the bass a tone knob. That thing would probably kill then...

• Members
Kid is just starting out. $300 budget. I like the Squier Vintage but the kid wants this Anthrax bass. I just need to know if it is piece of crap.

Also, does anyone know if the pick ups are active or not?

Looks passive to me.As with all Fender-branded instruments, I'd want to play one first to make sure it's OK. I don't think it would be a piece of junk, but I'm not convinced there's a lot of consistency from instrument to instrument on the Squiers. If you can't find one locally, I wouldn't be too concerned, depending how anal you are about your instruments. :)

Archived