Aria Pro II CTB Series

cratz2

• Members

Hey guys... I'm a guitarist looking to get back into playing bass. I used to have an 80s Aria Pro II, forget the model number though.

Anyway, there's an Aria Pro II CTB Series bass on my local craigslist. He has some nice stuff, but doesn't really know much about this bass.

Any clues? Seems like most of the stuff that turns up in google is either French or Romanian.

Is this a decent bass? $75 and he says everything works as it should. He is local, but he's WAY on the other side of town.

Thanks for the help.

01150101020701160620080314a412f52f21939f

• Members

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm going to have a look at it in an hour or so. I was just hoping someone on here would be familiar with the CTB series. Like I said, I had one back about 1987-1990 that had the P/J configuration and it had a rotary switch which offered a lot of variety and I thought it played outstandingly well. It was Japanese and I've long favored Japanese guitars for their value.

Guess I'll post what happened.

By the way, thou these are my first two posts in the bass forum, I occasionally drop in just to see what's going on... not to betray my HCEG buddies, but it's SO much more peaceful in here. There's as much difference between HCEG to HCBF as there is between HCAF to HCEG and that's saying a LOT!

:wave:

• Members

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm going to have a look at it in an hour or so. I was just hoping someone on here would be familiar with the CTB series. Like I said, I had one back about 1987-1990 that had the P/J configuration and it had a rotary switch which offered a lot of variety and I thought it played outstandingly well. It was Japanese and I've long favored Japanese guitars for their value.

By the way, thou these are my first two posts in the bass forum, I occasionally drop in just to see what's going on... not to betray my HCEG buddies, but it's SO much more peaceful in here. There's as much difference between HCEG to HCBF as there is between HCAF to HCEG and that's saying a LOT!

yeah - we make it better :thu: join the dark side, we have cookies! :cop:

• Members

I spent about 2 years at the EG forum and I know what we mean....dont kid yourself though....we have our moments as well...LOL

As to Aria Pro's. I had a Japanese Aria Pro II SLB with the PJ P/U's and it was a nice bass. I think I paid $200 bucks used somewhere between '91 and '93. I sold it about 3 months after I got my Ric in 2001. I probably should have kept it but it was so 80's the color bugged the shit out of me.....

AriaSLB.jpg' alt='>'>

• Members

Yeah, my old one was shaped more like yours than the white one I showed above, but I'm 99% sure all it said on the headstock was Aria Pro II kind of following the lower part of the headstock. I think mine was $200 in 1987, but I think it was a year or two old. Looked brand new and was burgundy with chrome hardware.

Archived