How can I improve my bass playing skills?

bouasonemonty

• Members

Well {censored}, if you're playing shows, you're going to get better QUICK. Nothing whips you into shape like being on stage, under lights and in front of chicks.

C7

+1

and to add to what others said (self-intrest aside) find a professional bassist that has more than ten students, does gigs, records, has a good network of people in the bass world, and can read music.

your magic 8 ball says:

"signs point to bassius"

:D

• Members

well.the op is a bit of a new guy so i figured he might not know how well beer and amphetamines work for soooo many situtations yet
:)

I like to grind the beer and amphetamines into a paste with a mortar and pestle. It's great for those pesky zits you get on your shoulders, the ones that really smart...

C7

• Members

I like to grind the beer and amphetamines into a paste with a mortar and pestle. It's great for those pesky zits you get on your shoulders, the ones that really smart...

C7

eggggzactly. and if you run out of gas you can mix the paste with water to power your car!!!

• Members

On the other side of lessons, play with records, and try to get it by ear. Ear training is important, take an album you like, and try to play on your bass all you can hear. bass lines, drum part (slap !), guitar part (chords), and melodies. This will improve your level and your musical vocabulary..

:thu:

Archived