Job Etiquette question

Psilocybin

• Members

Lately I've been on the job hunt. Earlier this week I had an interview at Job A, was offered employment, and accepted. I have the position pending a background check/UA results. Job A's HR guy said they would let me know sometime next week if everything checks out.

This afternoon, Job B called me to set up an interview, so I scheduled one for Monday.

Neither of these jobs are going to be careers. They are what they are; ways to make money until I can get my glass blowing business back on its feet.

Job A has offered me a schedule that will be very easy for me to do side work around or go to school (considering using up my GI Bill). I do not yet know what Job B's hours will be.

However, I'm thinking that I will enjoy the work at Job B more. I do not yet know how Job B pays compared to A.

If I am offered Job B and decide to roll with it, does that make me a bad person, being that Job A is doing the background check / piss test already?

• Members

Nope.

1. Plenty of people quit places very soon into getting jobs because a prior offer calls them.

2. You have no allegiance to them. You are in this for you, no one else. You have no signed contract. Last I checked this was your life, no one elses, {censored} hurting feelings or stepping on toes.

3. Tell Job A you're sorry but you think B is a better route, and that you thoroughly thank them for their time and opportunity. No point in burning bridges unnecessarily. You can do what's best for you without being a jerk and remaining professional.

Archived