BluRay + 1080p + 60" Widescreen + Planet Earth =

Thunderbroom

• Members

yes. The first time you see a blu-ray movie it will stop you in your tracks. It's incredible.

Yep, most definately. I recently got a PS3 and a 24" LCD (with full HD and HDMI port), and I see a huge difference between bluray and DVD.

• Members

I'm still a caveman and think dvds look good. Can you honestly see a difference with blueray?

There is a huge difference between the best DVD I'm seen and 1080i cable HD. BlueRay should be slightly better than the cable.

• Members

+1. I've got a buddy that all into video. I'm still real happy with my DVD/S video/32" Phillips.
:idk:

It's all relative. After you go to HD, it's really hard to go back (I work in video, but I haven't converted anything, including my editing setup, to HD because it's so bloody expensive). However, If it looks good to you, don't bother upgrading. I've seen a lot of sets where people have either gotten gypped or the set isn't set up properly, so the picture quality looks like crap. They keep saying it looks better because they blew several grand on the setup. I doubt that's the case now. With HD becoming the standard, you get less and less sketchy product and more people who actually know how to work their product.

It's also falling in price. My buddy just picked up a $1600 42" LG 1080p for a cool grand. In a couple of years, the pricing should catch up with technology, and it won't be a stretch for the regular joe to have HD in his living room.

• Members

I hear you there. I use a PS2 as my dvd player and a 27 inch TV from the late 90's.

I admit, I'm looking forward to getting rid of the big cabinet and hanging a flatscreen on the wall. It's not as though we've got a big living room, so more floorspace is always welcome.

That said, I got DMB Live in Central Park and the picture quality is great! Not to mention, the sound pumping thru my vintage all tube integrated amp into my Klipsch towers is awfully enjoyable as well. :D

Archived