Bass guitarist needed

Kramerguy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

it seems like bassist wanted ads are rarely well received here...why is that?

I'm not saying it's the case here (not having read the whole thread), but more often than not, it's because the posters are being condescending towards bassists in general.

• Members

Diatribe was right on, I "got it" when he posted his zip code! How hard was THAT to figure out???:freak:

They need a bassplayer, he came to a supposed "bass forum" to find one.

Diatribe, you did nothing wrong or weird, just :poke: a few oddballs, that's all.

• Members

Diatribe was right on, I "got it" when he posted his zip code! How hard was THAT to figure out???
:freak:

They need a bassplayer, he came to a supposed "bass forum" to find one.

Diatribe, you did nothing wrong or weird, just :poke: a few oddballs, that's all.

I concur.

• Members

He constantly complained that his ears were ringing and asked me 4 times that night to turn my amp down, but our drummer plays oversize drums and he plays like bonzo, so were fricking loud. I turned down a little and could barely hear myself over the drums.

We really tried to work with his downsides, but in the end, his coming to practice and being unprepared was unacceptable.

:eek: I don't mean this to be offensive, but I don't think anybody is going to have much fun playing with your band. Tell your drummer to grow up.

• Members
I really thought it would be pretty obvious that if you live in the area, you would recognize the ZIP code.

This really has become not worth it. It was a minor technical error on my part, was not laziness or anything, I was just multitasking at that time. And the responses are everything from sarcastic to outright flaming. And when I get flamed, I normally don't hold back.

ppl should lighten up here.

We we're lightened up... hence the joking. :idk:

• Members

Actually, some of you started being asses right away. Which is fine, just have the courage to back it up.

Don't be an ass, then backslide and say "We were all being real nice 'til you lost it."

Talk about lame.

yup

• Members

Actually, some of you started being asses right away. Which is fine, just have the courage to back it up.

Don't be an ass, then backslide and say "We were all being real nice 'til you lost it."

Talk about lame.

No one said we were being nice.. NICE and COOL are completely different.. I didn't call him names or just yell and say "STFU!!!" I made a post about boogers cause Doc made a joke about guessing where the zipcode was and I had no clue so I just said the first random thing off the top of my head.

• Members

No one said we were being nice.. NICE and COOL are completely different.. I didn't call him names or just yell and say "STFU!!!" I made a post about boogers cause Doc made a joke about guessing where the zipcode was and I had no clue so I just said the first random thing off the top of my head.

Fair enough. But that's just gross, this early in the morning!!

• Members

I got the zipcode at the beginning but agree that it would be just as easy to list the actual location by name. There are a crapload of town's around me and I have no idea what the zipcodes are. Just list the town...pretty simple.

yup. its pretty easy to figure out where the zip code is located.

• Members

I got the zipcode at the beginning but agree that it would be just as easy to list the actual location by name. There are a crapload of town's around me and I have no idea what the zipcodes are. Just list the town...pretty simple.

Does seem like it would have prevented a lot of undue grief and hassle

• Members

Yeah I got that. I admitted yesterday that I was rushing and just screwed the pooch when I failed to list the state in from the zip. I wish we could just get past that.

Anyways...

I think we're past all the bs at this point.

And Way2fat, no you're not being condescending, and the drummer is fine, his style is just very strong and aggressive, hence loud. And he really jives well on his set. He put mufflers on all the drums, and does what he can to keep it minimal, we don't play THAT loud. I've played in louder bands in the past. :thu:

• Members

Man, this thread gives me a headache.

I didn't read everything in detail but I will say that if there's this big of an arguement to be had with the band regarding the ad, I can't begin to imagine the amount of arguing that will come with attempting to be in the band and in any sort of creative arrangement.

• Moderators
Man, this thread gives me a headache.

I didn't read everything in detail but I will say that if there's this big of an arguement to be had with the band regarding the ad, I can't begin to imagine the amount of arguing that will come with attempting to be in the band and in any sort of creative arrangement.

+1

Half-assed want ad + suggestion to improve it = :mad: + :blah: = :freak:

Archived