Two questions (Phasers and Jazz bass necks)

seraphim7s

• Members

1. Does anybody have experience with Allparts? I have been looking (for a while) for a one piece maple Jazz bass neck with pearl inlays - and they're the only people I can find who do one!

2. Phaser on a bass? Been listening to lots of mid-70s stuff recently like Miles Davis (Agharta, Pangaea), Bowie, Lou Reed etc ... erm there seems to be phaser (or chorus?) all over this stuff giving like a shimmering quality to the notes. I think Michael Henderson is definitely using one on the late Miles Davis albums ... anyone know much about phaser on bass?

• Members

2. Phaser on a bass? Been listening to lots of mid-70s stuff recently like Miles Davis (Agharta, Pangaea), Bowie, Lou Reed etc ... erm there seems to be phaser (or chorus?) all over this stuff giving like a shimmering quality to the notes. I think Michael Henderson is definitely using one on the late Miles Davis albums ... anyone know much about phaser on bass?

MXR Phase 90 is rather stock and what's easiest to recognize. It really depends on what kind of cash you want to spend and what you're really looking for.

The small-builder market is really full of variations of essentially the same thing but the price and build time varies greatly. {censored}, if you're handy enough you could build a Phase 45 or 90 clone for less.

• Members

1. I've had good experience with allparts

2. I really like my mxr phase 100 and EHX small stone. The small stone colors the tone though and is brighter, the phase 100 is just a straight up phase with tons of settings. I see the phase 90 more than anything though, and I imagine it's just as good; just fewer options.

Archived