might be in a band and need some advice

SelenaBassGirl

• Members

Cheap? Probably something like a used Ashdown, Trace Elliot, Ampeg or Peavey 115 combo would be a good start. Its not exactly GREAT tone, but it will get the job done for practicing and small venues, and many amps like that will offer DI's so you can plug them into a PA and use the same rig for larger venues.

Run from Behringer. The lower price is not worth the EPIC FAIL.

• Members

Cheap? Probably something like a used Ashdown, Trace Elliot, Ampeg or Peavey 115 combo would be a good start. Its not exactly GREAT tone, but it will get the job done for practicing and small venues, and many amps like that will offer DI's so you can plug them into a PA and use the same rig for larger venues.

Run from Behringer. The lower price is not worth the EPIC FAIL.

good advice.

maybe you could do some ebay searches and send a link or two back here for peoples thoughts

• Members

Keep an eye on the musical instrument section of your local craigslist, as well as the CLs of surrounding areas. I found some of my best gear that way. If you have a Music-Go-Round or pawnshop nearby they could be a help, but I've noticed they're getting quite pricey as of late.

• Members

The most inexpensive rig that I've gigged with was a used 400RB (picked it up for around $180) and an Avatar neo 210. Pretty good tone, easy to carry and it was more than loud enough for what I was doing.

Archived