question on mesa cabs

b_ryceeeee

• Members

i wanted to get a 4ohm 4x10 powerhouse cab and the only store that carrys mesa near me only has 8ohm 4x10's. should i call mesa and order it from them?

The dealer should be able to order it for you . I think you can buy from Mesa Boogie Hollywood , call them up .

• Members

Everyone has their own opinions, but I'm not a huge fan of 4 ohm cabs. Yeah you are going to be a little louder but I'd rather sacrifice that to be able to add another cab down the road. Grab an 8 ohm.

Yo.

Not a problem if you get a 2 ohm capable head - I prefer 4 ohm cabs 'cause they allow a fair amount of wattage as stand alones, and having a 2 ohm capable head allows me to run another 4 ohm cab, or one or two 8 ohm cabs with it...

- georgestrings

• Members

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apendecto

Everyone has their own opinions, but I'm not a huge fan of 4 ohm cabs. Yeah you are going to be a little louder but I'd rather sacrifice that to be able to add another cab down the road. Grab an 8 ohm.

Yo.

+1

...and as I already pointed out, having a 2 ohm capable head makes this a non-issue...

- georgestrings

• Members

Not being 2 ohm capable is starting to piss me off these days :)

I called GK up about a 2 ohm mod for the 1001 RB II and they had no interest at all. Buggers. That would be my amp for-evar if it could run a pair of 4 ohm cabs. The increase in headroom running a single cab seems to make a big difference for me (e.g. GK 1001 into an 8 ohm cab vs. a 4 ohm cab).

• Members

If you have the BB, go with 2x4 ohmers.

I think it should be standard to have 2 ohm capability, but not lose any juice in doing so, switching between 2 and 4, like on the Benzie 1200.

The Mesa V12 does 2 ohms, but strangely the specs say it has less power when you drop to 2 ohms? Weird.

My WT550 does 2, but I played through my 212XLT(4) outdoors last night, and even at noon on the Gain and Master, I was smoking. I could have gone louder... ;)

Archived