What strings do you use?

intothevoid

• Members
Yeah, and I liked them, but like all D'Addario strings, I broke em too quick! I don't know what it is with me and D'Addario, but I have always broken them easily.

Lately, my string of choice has been........Hartke!!!

Seriously....my local Scam Cash music has a pack with 3 5-string sets for $25 bucks!!!!

JESUS CHRIST! I CANT EVEN GET 1 PACK OF ROTOSOUNDS FOR THAT MONEY HERE! :mad:

p.s. - i also break D'addarios alot! :mad:

• Members

I say, and I am not trying to be a jerk here, but use bass strings!

Seriously, if you're just starting out, you have several years to try different strings to get the tone you want. D'addario would be a good starting point though. I think XLs 45 thru 105 is what most folks use.

My favorite strings are DR Lo Riders, but I'm so Poor, that I tend to get whatever is on sale!

Yeah, that is a good point. What's a good set of cheap strings then that won't wear down too quick? I understand that bass strings are much more expensive than normal guitar strings.

• Members

I've tried them all.... most my basses wear LaBella Hard Rockin' Steels (light gauge). I also have a bass with LaBella Deep Talkin' Bass flats (medium gauge).... and my URB is about to wear a fresh set of LaBella 7720S (but I'm not good enough nor tried enough sets to know if they will last on my bass)

Archived