Wood

Super_Donut_Man

• Members

Balsa...
:p

Ash, or swamp ash, or some standard wood used for making a guitar/bass.

Oh, well if you are going to be a wood snob!! :poke:

I know we have a few ash trees on the farm, might take a while to find them. Katrina re-arranged so many of them, but laid them over and started drying the woods for me.... My dad went to a forestry field day on Friday and brought back a nice "how to identify trees and learn useless trivia about them" book. I doubt we have any balsa, though! :lol:

• Members

Lot's of options here:

http://www.exoticwoods.com/home.php

Lot's of different grades of each type of wood to choose from. Can save a bunch of money if you are going to pain instead of stain, etc.

I don't remember thinking Carvin's pieces bein out of the ordinary on pricing.

I think my thoughts originated out of the dumness of my youth/me being a cheap-ass.

Oh goody, now I get to dream about a project that will hopefully will get done (but seeing my track record... probably not :p)

• Members

I know we have a few ash trees on the farm, might take a while to find them. Katrina re-arranged so many of them, but laid them over and started drying the woods for me....

Yeah huricanes tend to do that.:thu:

I doubt we have any balsa, though!
:lol:

Damnit

• Members

I know we have a few ash trees on the farm, might take a while to find them. Katrina re-arranged so many of them, but laid them over and started drying the woods for me.... My dad went to a forestry field day on Friday and brought back a nice "how to identify trees and learn useless trivia about them" book. I doubt we have any balsa, though!
:lol:

Well if you wouldn't mind, I'll gladly purchase some part of a formerly alive tree. (work caused me to overlook your first post)

Archived