OT: I know this news is 3 days old...

lokidecat

• Members
I wouldn't call it 'preemptive'. I'd say that it was a response from 'old school' Tool fans bitching that the change of sound from Opiate and Undertow was a 'sell-out'.

I'm an old-school Tool fan, but I'd never bitch about the way they've progressed musically. I think every album is incredible.

As for "pre-emptive", that's exactly what my first post was.:D
C7

• Members
I'm an old-school Tool fan, but I'd never bitch about the way they've progressed musically. I think every album is incredible.

As for "pre-emptive", that's exactly what my first post was.
:D
C7

Well, I've been a fan since about a few years since Aenima came out, so I'm not exactly old-school...but listening to Opiate verses Aenima, Opiate is a lot more raw and heavy. I think they're kinda making fun of the pretentious meathead metal guy.

• Members

That was meant limiting itself to the context of the thread. People calling them sell outs due to GH, to be precise. (at least that's my take on C7's comment)

I don't call anyone a sellout, it's an opportunity that will please alot of their fans. Any fans that it displeases, well, they're still gonna buy concert tickets and CD's, so {censored} it.

Besides, they're not a punk band, and we all know that only punk bands can truly sell out. At least according to all the rich white kid punk rocker music snobs I went to high school with...

C7

• Members

I don't call anyone a sellout, it's an opportunity that will please alot of their fans. Any fans that it displeases, well, they're still gonna buy concert tickets and CD's, so {censored} it.

Besides, they're not a punk band, and we all know that only punk bands can truly sell out. At least according to all the rich white kid punk rocker music snobs I went to high school with...

C7

Hah. The only way Tool could 'sell out' at this point is to start playing creed covers. Although I'm sure they'd make 'With Arms Wide Open' sound creepy and haunting somehow and it'd have something to do with Maynard's father.

• Members

C7

Exactly, that's what the song is about, which is why it's effective at neutralizing the sell-out chanters from the root.

• Members

Well, I've been a fan since about a few years since Aenima came out, so I'm not exactly old-school...but listening to Opiate verses Aenima, Opiate is a lot more raw and heavy. I think they're kinda making fun of the pretentious meathead metal guy.

I saw them on the side stage of Lollapallooza when Opiate was a new album. I dare say I've followed them since the beginning. I have never ocne thought of them as a sell out, and this doesn't change it in the slightest.

• Members

Why is tool Taking part in this kind of games? it kinda dissapoint me.

I met a boy wearing Vans, 501s, and a

Dope Beastie t, nipple rings, and

New tattoos that claimed that he

Was OGT,

From '92,

The first EP.

And in between

Sips of Coke

He told me that

He thought

We were sellin' out,

Layin' down,