Is anyone getting anything sold????

chubrocker

• Members

Man, the past few months have been tough. I'm needing to get some other gear purchased and I don't want to put it on credit. I've been trying to sell a bass for two months---it's STILL for sale. From Ebay and H-C For Sale thread, it seems a lot of stuff is not selling.

Anyone else not able to get things sold? Great time for buyers I guess....

• Members

I sold a guitar and an FX box. Teh guitar I took a small loss (slightly more than depreciation, but not bad) the FX I actually made money (Local cash sale, got it for cheap sniping an ebay auction). Other stuff however has not moved at all. My local CL is clogged with stuff thats been posted 4-5 times with progressively lower prices. Of course,a lot of it is junk, but ther'es some nice pieces (an MJ P-bass natural ash, slightly overpriced @700, but) thats just stalled.

• Members

I had a hell of a time selling my stage monitors. I had them priced very well, but people still wanted to talk me down, which I was unwilling to do considering how I priced them in the first place. I eventually sold them to a guy who realized the asking price was a steal, and he bought them no questions asked.

My drumset was the same way. I sold the shellpack and mounting hardware for $200, which was also a steal. Guys would show up and offer me $100 for it. :rolleyes: The guy that bought them came over, checked them out, and told me he only had $150 on him. I said sorry, thanks for stopping by. He rang my doorbell 3 minutes later and had the whole $200. Jerkoff...

I'm still trying to sell my Avatars, but I'm not discounting them a whole lot because of the upgrades I made, and because I don't really need to sell them. I don't want to give them away for super cheap simply because I have a little GAS.

My realization with CL has been that people are only buying things that are super killer deals, which is fine, but what bothers me is the barrage of lowball offers I get right after I post things, presumably from dudes who are looking to flip them for a small profit. So now I decide on a reasonable price and post it as FIRM, and get zero emails.:D

C7

• Members

My realization with CL has been that people are only buying things that are super killer deals, which is fine, but what bothers me is the barrage of lowball offers I get right after I post things...

I've not had much luck listing anything on CL. same experience.

you price something to sell, and there's always some yutz who will offer half.

• Members

I've not had much luck listing anything on CL. same experience.

you price something to sell, and there's always some yutz who will offer half.

{censored}, in Denver, it's the same yutz every time. He owns a questionable shop in town, and he basically just responds to every ad on CL offering exactly half the asking price. I listed 6 things for sale at once last year, and I got 6 seperate emails within 20 minutes of posting them from this guy, each offering half.

I responded to all 6 emails with "go {censored} yourself".:D

At least with that guy I know what he's up to, and I can respect it I guess, it's not a bad plan, really. What I can't stand is the guys that try to tell you what your item is really worth, and offer you that insulting price.:rolleyes:

That reminds me, I need to take some pictures and try to move a few things this weekend...

C7

• Members

I'm having a really hard time selling my brand new DB112... It's aggravating. I've got a trade in the works though
:love:

Yeah dude, it's amazing. Those cabs are pretty popular and that's the way it is with a lot of stuff. It's a buyers market right now. When I sold the Shuttle it was a bit frustrating. There was one {censored}ing dip{censored} that sold his shuttle for 525.00, so I can about a dozen "Would you take 525.00 shipped" offers. It's funny how one listing can swing the prices for gear.

Dan

• Members

me too

i have my clarinet, a spanish classical guitar, a 12" bass speaker, clarinet custom mouthpiece, badass II, and S-D vintage bass pups...

all at reasonable prices

not a squeak except for someone who offered me 12,000 for my clarinet...bankers cheque and all that..scam

the second hand market seems belly up...and the new market as well

lord help us all

• Members

I'm having a really hard time selling my brand new DB112... It's aggravating. I've got a trade in the works though
:love:

I've been able to trade some stuff too. Got a 212 Marshal cab for the 212Avatar bass cab I had, took no time. Got some interesting offers when I went to flip that cab, but I think I'll keep it for now.

• Members

its a tough time for a lot of people, i'm selling a VW GTI well under KBB just to get rid of the thing. when i bought my first VW back in 2003 used i almost got into a bidding war with someone over it!

ebay used to always give you fair value, if not close to the price for a new item... but now, good luck! Seems the only thing that is holding, and going up in value is Rickenbackers.

Archived