Acoustic 140 Bass head / 106 cab.

james on bass

• Members

Looks like the same early 70's 140 head I have sitting about 10 feet away from me right now.

I haven't used it in a while, but before we lost our rehearsal spot, I was using it there with a homemade single 15" cab. Did a fine job of cutting through against a full drum kit and a 2 12" guitar combo amp. Typically, with that combo, I was using my 5 string playing along with a drop-c guitar player.

The head I have sat dormant for about 10 years before I started using it, and at first the pots were pretty noisy, but after some use they weren't too bad.

• Members

Looks like the same early 70's 140 head I have sitting about 10 feet away from me right now.

I haven't used it in a while, but before we lost our rehearsal spot, I was using it there with a homemade single 15" cab. Did a fine job of cutting through against a full drum kit and a 2 12" guitar combo amp. Typically, with that combo, I was using my 5 string playing along with a drop-c guitar player.

The head I have sat dormant for about 10 years before I started using it, and at first the pots were pretty noisy, but after some use they weren't too bad.

Yeah, that's the one. It's an early 70s rig. So what is it rated at? 140Watts each channel? Could be a cool score, but I can't imagine a 30 year old 2x15" cabinet being all that great. I could be wrong though.

Archived