Buying a bass in Japan

scheczudio

• Members

Hi all,

At the end of this year, I'm off to Japan for a holiday. And I thought it might be a good opportunity to get a new bass there (I heard MIJ basses are good), and I need help in choosing what to get.

My budget is about $400~700, and I'll probably be looking at jazz basses.

I'd really appreciate it if people can point me in the right direction, or what to keep an eye out for while I'm there :thu:

• Members

Hmm. I'm actually not a big fan of Ricks... The thump is just too much for me :poke:

But I'm going to check out the pawnshops for sure!

Thanks for that site SB900LE ;) The used bass section look like it's filled with goodies... like this fender P:

3259277011.jpg

I did some googling on these Bacchus basses... damn they are sweet! :love:

Seems they have a really good review here on HC too! I got my Japanese friend to read up on some japanese bass forums and they all seem to agree that Bacchus basses are the way to go (the handcrafted ones, which i might be able to afford if I can find a used one). These are on the top of my "do want" list at the moment :thu:

• Members

*cough* Aria Pro II SB *cough*

:p:lol:

Check out Ishibashi as suggested above, I've bought from them three times so far, although it was over the internet and not in person but they seem to have very good service. Also a wide selection of instruments (new & used). :)

• Members

I've only seen or heard people play the Aria Pro II SB 1000 on youtube... And the tone of them is amazing :eek: They are on my list too :thu:

I'll go around to Ishibashi stores in Tokyo and Nagoya... At the moment, my "keep a look out for" list is like this:

Anything I should add?

• Members
I've only seen or heard people play the Aria Pro II SB 1000 on youtube... And the tone of them is amazing :eek: They are on my list too :thu:

I'll go around to Ishibashi stores in Tokyo and Nagoya... At the moment, my "keep a look out for" list is like this:

That's a pretty good list. If you can find one of those in good condition, you'd be fine.

C7

• Members

I've only seen or heard people play the Aria Pro II SB 1000 on youtube... And the tone of them is amazing
:eek:
They are on my list too
:thu:

• Aria Pro II SB

• Aria Pro II SB

• Aria Pro II SB

• Aria Pro II SB

Anything I should add?

No, nothing more. BTW I fixed your list for you. :poke::D

Archived