Need an odd replacement pickup for a VERY shortscale: 3 1/8th" wide by 2" tall

hangwire

• Members

Hey, I don't often post here, but you guys would know best

My brother ot a VERY VERY shortscale bass without a pickup for $50 ths weekend, and I am trying to figure out what pickup to search for that will fit so he can use it.

it is 3-1/8th" wide by 2" tall

anyideas?

one of those epiphone SG bass pickups?

maybe a MusicMan bass one with the 8 polepieces?

any good sites that have pickup dimensions in the info? I have had a hard time with this alone.

• Members

most of them have dimensions but a 2" tall pup is pretty massive i think

I know, I found that my local musicgoround has a music man pickup used for $20... but that website's music man replacement is 3.5 wide!!! I don't thnk the cavity in the bass is that wide!

any way to find out the size of those epiphone sg bass pickups?

• Members

ummm....ok
:lol:
check these out

most of them have dimensions but a 2" tall pup is pretty massive i think

I think he means width (from E to G) and depth (from nut to bridge), not the actual height of the pickup.

I dare say finding an exact fit is going to be tough, there might be some minor wood working in your future. But you could get lucky, it's weird thinking in terms of inches, and not pickups styles. It might be more common than we think.

• Members

I think he means width (from E to G) and depth (from nut to bridge), not the actual height of the pickup.

I dare say finding an exact fit is going to be tough, there might be some minor wood working in your future. But you could get lucky, it's weird thinking in terms of inches, and not pickups styles. It might be more common than we think.

ht's why I was hoping some non P or J bass players might take a ruler and send me sme info :)

• Members

how, I gave dimensions that provide the exact size I need

'Cause chances are pretty good one of us has owned or at least seen one of those basses before and could offer better recommendations. We don't really talk about pickups in terms of dimensions.

• Members

'Cause chances are pretty good one of us has owned or at least seen one of those basses before and could offer better recommendations. We don't really talk about pickups in terms of dimensions.

I suppose, but I have NEVER seen a bass this small before, so I would be impressed in anyone could makea suggestion of a picture if it :D

I'll have to get the digital camera from my wife tomorrow.

• Members

I suppose, but I have NEVER seen a bass this small before, so I would be impressed in anyone could makea suggestion of a picture if it
:D

I'll have to get the digital camera from my wife tomorrow.

I've seen 3/4 scale, 1/2 scale, kids toys... though, the smaller they get, the worse everything about them becomes, including playability (they don't intonate, you can't ever play in tune).

• Members

I've seen 3/4 scale, 1/2 scale, kids toys... though, the smaller they get, the worse everything about them becomes, including playability (they don't intonate, you can't ever play in tune).

for me, I see positives. I am a guitar and synthbox player 1st, played bass in a cover band once and and had cheap epiphone eb-0 bass that worked well minus some E sting buzz that took a lot of tweking to minimize....

this thing is a tad longer than my strat, guitar thin/quick neck, and my brother will learn easily on it compared to the frustrating DeArmond Jet star our family bought him years ago to use. If not, I'll keep it :D for the seldome bass part and for quirkines alone.

DOES ANYONE HAVE an Eb-0 bass they can measure the pikup on before tomorrow night when I can get to a camera???

Archived