WTBSOT Head of GAO says we are screwed

The Aardvark

• Members
We'd be in the same position with respect to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid whether Bush, Gore or Kerry had been in the White House.

Hell, Bush *tried* to get a discussion about Social Security started, and was blocked -- mostly by Democrats. Then, he turned around and created a huge new entitlement program: the Prescription Drug Benefit program.

Politicians with a time horizon of less than the next election are never going to make the tough choices necessary to "fix things up". Most politicians start running for re-election as soon as the last election is over.

Yep, we're screwed. And if, like me, you have kids, they're screwed, too.

That's the MO of the fed gubmint. Bemoan over spending, debt, deficits, and cost overruns. But hey...... here's this new program, isn't it great?? :rolleyes:

We get this {censored} disguised as candy and the populace buys it hook, line, and sinker.

• Moderators
I'm hopeful. Warren Buffett has about the best record in the world for picking stellar management out a pile of companies. He threw his lot in with Obama and crew, and I'm willing to trust that as much as owning Berkshire stock. Hopefully they keep a running dialogue on proper fiscal management. Munger and Buffett would be a metric {censored}load of good tutilage in exemplary fiscal policy. As economic advisors I think there could be none better.

Ot it could be that he just wants to be greedy and has found another way to make big bucks off of the little people.

• Moderators
Define "small".

It's already 6.2%. That's an enourmous chunk of money, and it comes out of every wage-earner in the country, without exception. {censored} 'em if they can't make it work on that amount. I'll be dead long before I'll ever collect, and I'm sick and tired of paying for everyone else's welfare but my own.

There's no excuse for not being able to manage the plan.

Just a bit of a correction. It's 12.4. Employers pay the other 6.2% for the people who work for them. Increase that and the cost of employment increases, at a time when that's the last thing we need.

• Members

Ot it could be that he just wants to be greedy and has found another way to make big bucks off of the little people.

"Another" way, meaning he is already making his "big bucks" off "the little people"? :confused:

Yeah, it could be that...It could also be your post is full of crap :D

Archived