NB, A, FXD!

Mytola

• Members

New Bass, new Amp, and new FX-day! :D

I've been playing bass for pretty much excactly four years now. I've never had an amp, always used what was available at rehearsal spaces, then going direct with a pod when playing live. Now, that has changed! The G&L Tribute L2500 fretless is gone, as I didn't really play it a lot, and I saw that I needed an amp even more. A fellow bassist had a pre-neo EBS Drome 15" which he traded me, along with a EBS Dynaverb and an old beater Yamaha BB415. (You'll have to consider in that a new G&L Tribby L2500 costs about $1400 here, a well-done defret with epoxy treatment comes in at at least $500, and that the EBS costs the same here as over in the US)

Finally, after 4 ampless years, I've got my first amp, and it's a proper one! It sounds increeeedibly good! :D

• Members

Hehe, I'm NOT getting rid of that one, Patrick. After a couple of different fretless basses, I'm fairly certain that I don't really need one. At least not over an amp, which really was the choice as I'm not made of money... :p I've recently done a winter setup on the tribby, and it still plays like butter. That neck is just unbelievable. It actually felt completely different to the fretless, allthough the specs were the same of course. :)

• Members

Pretty ballsy, I'd say.

That's my first impressions as well. It's very clean, but you can dial in some grit with the character-button, which basically is a tubesim (that actually sounds good, mind you). It's WAY louder than I was expecting, and that can't be a bad thing, can it? ;)

• Moderators

It actually felt completely different to the fretless, allthough the specs were the same of course.
:)

That's because the measurement back of the neck to top of the strings is different by the height of the frets, usually about 0.050". It makes a hug difference in feel.

Archived