How about bands/artists you wish you didn't see?

FailBoatCaptn

• Members

WORST SHOW EVER - Kid Rock

I went to his Carnival of Chaos tour because my buddie's band was playing.

Seriously during Kid Rock, there were people sleepin in seats around me.

10 years later and I'm still pissed about it. :mad:It was THAT bad. So long. So bad. So very bad. I wasnt those 3 hours of my life back.

Other Failboaters:

Oaisis

Snoop Dogg

Jack Johnson

Pixies

There's more but these are the worst of the bad.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jack Johnson

What?! :eek:

Certainly not a high-energy act. But it's good music to chill out to in the lawn seats... IMO. 'Course, I saw him one of the times he opened for Ben Harper. So I got my fill of energy during the 2nd half of the show.

Concerts I wish I'd never seen... hmmmm... I can't think of a whole lot right now. Mostly local and not-so-famous acts that are just posers.

• Members

Tomahawk. Terrible when they opened for Tool. Terrible

Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park. They were both on the same show as the Deftones, Mudvayne and Metallica, so I had to suffer through them. Awful awful awful. Even my kid wanted to run down and punch dickboy Durst when he was walking through the crowd singing "Behind blue eyes". and then they did a Metallica Cover......opening for Metallica!!!! :facepalm:

• Members

What?!
:eek:

Certainly not a high-energy act. But it's good music to chill out to in the lawn seats... IMO. 'Course, I saw him one of the times he opened for Ben Harper. So I got my fill of energy during the 2nd half of the show.

Concerts I wish I'd never seen... hmmmm... I can't think of a whole lot right now. Mostly local and not-so-famous acts that are just posers.

:love: Jack Johnson. Seriously :love::love::love:

live show. FAIL. i was so dissapointed i pouted for like a week, in fact i'm still pouting over it.

maybe he was having a bad day?

• Members

Tomahawk. Terrible when they opened for Tool. Terrible

Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park. They were both on the same show as the Deftones, Mudvayne and Metallica, so I had to suffer through them. Awful awful awful. Even my kid wanted to run down and punch dickboy Durst when he was walking through the crowd singing "Behind blue eyes". and then they did a Metallica Cover......opening for Metallica!!!!
:facepalm:

oh yeeeaaahhhh

i saw linkin park the day i saw snoop dogg. they were terrible but he was so epicly terrible i forgot how bad they were.

• Members

Oh. Also dream Theater. I saw them on the Images and Words tour and they kicked maximum ass. But I saw them 5 or 6 years later and they were just awful. Don't know if they were just having a bad night or what, but I haven't seen them live since.

• Members

maybe he was having a bad day?

Well... I did hear a bootleg of him at Bonnaroo. There were lots of problems with the sound. He had to take like 3 or 4 minute breaks between the first few songs so they could fix the issue. And the rest of the concert wasn't all that great after that.

Maybe he just can't get himself going if things aren't running smoothly. :idk: It was much better when I saw him.

• Members

REO Speedwagon

I once went to a REO concert that had Alvin Lee (of Ten Years After) open. Lee TORE UP the place, one of the best performances I've ever seen live. REO came out with a "Hello..uh..Houston!" performance. After about the 3rd song, somewhere around 7000 people just spontaneously started to leave. No applause at the end of songs, the singer even asked the crowd what was wrong. Place was mostly empty within 2 more songs. Weird to see 7000 people pick up on the difference in vibe. It's not that REO played poorly, After Lee, it just felt like you were listening to a jukebox.

• Members

+ eleventy zillion on Tomahawk and every other Mike Patton project that has opened for ool in the last 10 years. Pure {censored}e.

Tool was effin awesoem eveytime though :)

Had to go see Bad English with my girlfriend in like 1991. Barf.

The last time I saw Counting Crows I was very disapointed. It was in Tampa, so the heat may have been a factor, but they payed everything at half speed and never really kicked into gear.

Cheryl Crowopening for John Mayer was also a toal snooze fest. Mayer was good, but Crow was... a Masengil commercial is more exciting.

• Members

Har Mar Superstar

2nd time I saw DMB

Primus

Trust Company

Tomahawk

I have seen DMB more times then I can even count. 80% of the time it was awesome. But when they were bad. they were REALLY bad.

(*i also have 2 firecancers in my sleeve... for those in the hardcore thread earlier in the week. yeah DMB and Shai Hulud :love: i know i'm weird.)

Archived