gibson grabber

b_ryceeeee

• Members

I have an S-1 which was one of the guitars from the same series as the Grabber and Ripper basses. I've had it for 20 years now and it's still going strong. I love that whole series. Very unique.

That's awesome, I've played a few Grabbers and one Ripper, mind you I wasn't an active musician when this series was on the streets, but it just seems like Gibson cut through all the crap and just made a handful of very reliable instruments, that didn't have a lot of flare to them.

Perhaps they should do this again, it would certainly help them sell more units!

Picture it, GRABBER 2009, 30th anniversary edition.

• Members

I have an S-1 which was one of the guitars from the same series as the Grabber and Ripper basses. I've had it for 20 years now and it's still going strong. I love that whole series. Very unique.

+1. I had a Marauder (guitar) for many years and I dug it.

One of my favorite basses I ever owned was a Ripper. One of the few instruments I regret selling.

• Members

+1. I had a Marauder (guitar) for many years and I dug it.

One of my favorite basses I ever owned was a Ripper. One of the few instruments I regret selling.

Never cared for the look on the Marauder, a friend of mine had one, but man did it have good tone!

• Members

Back in the day, we thought Grabbers were crap. We also thought the current Fenders and SGs were crap. But we had 60s Fenders and SGs to compare to.

These days, we consider the Fenders of that era to be decent instruments. But those SGs and Grabbers are still crap.

• Members

Back in the day, we thought Grabbers were crap. We also thought the current Fenders and SGs were crap. But we had 60s Fenders and SGs to compare to.

These days, we consider the Fenders of that era to be decent instruments. But those SGs and Grabbers are still crap.

The Grabber/Ripper is not a "great instrument" but the fact of the matter is, they all have very aged pickups now, so the tone got wicked sweet, and since they are a misfit bass, and not a Fender P or a Gibson tbird, only a few people are collecting them.

that's my take on it. I can say that of all the basses I have the grabber sounds like best direct line to a soundboard. I've worked in a several studios over the last year, and everyone who hears it says its the best they've heard going straight into the board.

Archived