Genz Benz Owners!

venturawest

• Members

so i think i'm going to upgrade from my current eden navigator/qsc poweramp rig to a GB, likely the 750. i've always lusted after the clear sound and simplicity of use.

questions for you GB owners (and hasbeen, if you're reading this):

1) 750 or 1200? i'm always running direct out to house mains, so i don't know that the extra kajillion watts is a necessity.

2) where did you get yours?

3) what's a reasonable price to expect to pay?

4) how do you like yours?

thanks!

• Members

1 - GBE600

2 - MF

3 - $406.94, bought it when they were closing them out

4 - love it, currently running it into an Eden D210XLT, and my guitarists G/k 4x10, plenty of headroom and power still.

my 1 and only complaint is the damn tuner output on the front, but in all reality, I can deal with that.

• Members

so i think i'm going to upgrade from my current eden navigator/qsc poweramp rig to a GB, likely the 750. i've always lusted after the clear sound and simplicity of use.

1) 750 or 1200? i'm always running direct out to house mains, so i don't know that the extra kajillion watts is a necessity.

thanks!

1) 750

2) Ebay

3) IIRC I paid ~ $800, lightly used, original box/packing/manuals/footswitch. At the time it seemed like a really good price compared to other auctions, don't know the current price.

4) Frickin awesome. I used to have a 600, and sold it when the 750 came out; one of the few things the 600 left me wanting was tone controls for both preamps. I was surprised to find that the 750 actually sounded better than the 600. Might have been the tube in the 600 I had, or gremlins, or whatever, but the bottom line is my 750 sounds better than my 600 did. I really liked the sound of the 600.

• Members

1. Neither: GBE-600 and Neopak

2. Online

3. Depends on which one

4. Love 'em both.

Now that I've answered your questions, I'd like to just add a comment. Is there a reason that you aren't considering a Neopak or one of the newly released Shuttles? Why carry heavy amps when you don't need to?

• Members

Now that I've answered your questions, I'd like to just add a comment. Is there a reason that you aren't considering a Neopak or one of the newly released Shuttles? Why carry heavy amps when you don't need to?

Surely there's a reason they make both.

• Members

1) 1200. I've been finding I can still make it clip, but I'm also getting a little older and wiser (thanks HCBF) and learning that 98% of the crowd doesn't give a {censored} what it sounds like so long as its loud, so im starting to turn down on stage more and use the PA like I should.

2) Billy Hyde, local distributors. Stupidly I bought it new, should have gone second hand.

3) Not sure for American, but the other guys can help you out there.

4) It's great. For what you're looking for I think it will really shine, I've only lately grown a little restless looking for something with a little more character (funnily enough, I'd been looking at Eden: either a WT-550 or an early model 800A or B)

• Members

I've got a Shuttle 6.0. it's 600w, and plenty. I like it. sounds like a 750 to me, but the lack of the fet preamp stings sometimes.

Bassplace in Tempe AZ. I traded my MusicYo Steinberger XQ2 for it. I paid 800ish for the steinberger (but couldn't sell it for the 700 I was asking). They gave me a swinging deal for a shop, imho.

There is a GBE1200 on ebay BIN for 729.99 right now. I would not pay a hair more than 750 for a 1200, and 600 for a 750, at this stage in the game.

3-4 1200s have sold for 750 or less on the 'Bay in the last few months.

I likes it. Sounds good. Very solid sound. Not quite the 600 rated watts if I had to guess, but it's loud enough for me.

However, I am trading it and some dollars, because I found a good deal on a Mesa 400+ and have always wanted a tube head. And love the Mesa the mostest out of the tubeys I've tried.

I've had it for a couple jams so far and I'd say it is very nice but not jumping out of your seat awesome. The 750 with the blended preamps is worth writing home about, however.

• Members

thanks!

You are in the exact same position I was when I got my 750. I had an Eden Navigator/ QSC rig, and switched to the GBE and will never go back. If you play rock of any style, the GBE750 tone is simply superior in every conceivable way to the Navigator tone. The power is more than you need, the head is super simple to use regardless of the number of knobs, as so many folks seem to get caught up with. It's a very simple, basic layout preamp with a killer poweramp section, and it sounds perfect. You can use just about any slew of cabs without much thought, as it runs 2 ohms perfectly. There is literally no side of this trade where my tone didn't improve significantly, my rig is 100 times simpler, my rack is lighter and it looks damn cool to boot. I bought mine from MF, and had a lot of trouble with them sending used damaged units. Hasbeen personally went out of his way to help me out of that situation, and had a new amp on my doorstep before I ever even sent the last bad one back. That's just more reason to switch to a GB. Go for a GBE750 and don't ever look back.:thu:

• Members

1) GBE 600 (more watts than I can ever see needing)

2) Traded with Mike Fitzwell for it

3) A Shecter Elite 5 and $100

4) I love it, just an awesome rock tone. Still have my SWR 350X as a backup but I WAYYY prefer the Genz, though I can get the SWR pretty close with my MXR M80 in front of it. Run mine thru an Avatar 2x10/2x12 setup. Someday I'll get a GB NeoX 212 when I have some cash to blow...........

Archived