Gear that brings a smile

ThudMaker

• Members

Both of the basses I've been playing recently.

I traded the Fullerton Ventura for a Squier P Bass Special, just because the Prickenbacker/P40's neck got trashed in a tech accident(which, if people that I've talked to about it read, he admitted to, but the store refused to provide consolation) and I needed the neck from it. I tossed the P neck on the P bass Special, and now I have an awesome bass for workout(higher action more effort to get a clean sound) and the P40 which just sounds and now plays like buttery breasts. I love them both, and if I can get into playing on whatever day I pick one of them up, I feel great, at peace, and whole after kicking some ass. :p

Speaking back to the P40, for me, it's THE bass. If I can add another t40 pickup to the neck area, it will be THE bass even moreso. That bridge bucker, untapped, nails sounds like Filter(Hey Man Nice Shot) or Alice In Chains, or it does a really nice sort of dulcet tone for some jazz. It's the bass for me, and I'll do whatever I can to keep it in rocking, playing condition. :)

Again, thank you Ian. Thank you, forever, brocheese.

• Members

Mm. Mm. I bet that sounds extraordinary! I can't remember. Is that 6L6 or 6V6? And is that the amp that you mic when you record your guitar pedal mods?

it's a 64 or 65 with 6v6's and a 5u4 in a custom made pine cab that's a bit deeper than a stock deluxe. whenever i do anything miked up it's the go to amp.there's no telling what it's worth now but it sounds fantastic.

Archived