don't know why but i want it. . .

jonathan_matos5

• Members

A buddy of mine rebuilds Hammond organs and Leslies, and can hot-rod either. Modding one of these for strictly bass came up a few months ago, and he was saying it would be easier, cheaper, and probably better sounding in the end, to get one of the emulators like Retrovertigo posted above.

• Members

A buddy of mine rebuilds Hammond organs and Leslies, and can hot-rod either. Modding one of these for strictly bass came up a few months ago, and he was saying it would be easier, cheaper, and probably better sounding in the end, to get one of the emulators like Retrovertigo posted above.

it still wouldn't be as cool:blah:

• Members

Do the "emulators" really reproduce the doppler-effect from the cabs?

or is it like a reverb-pedal... it sounds like real reverb, until you park it next to a
real
reverb. Then it sounds fake as Hell.

Some do.

The best natural sounding emulator I ahve ever heard to date came from the Digitech RPM-1. It even had a preamp tube in it. :thu:

It had all kinds of options for the mic placement simulation (on horn/on speaker, stereo on horn, mono on speaker, mono between horn and speaker. It had a ramp up/down speed adjustment, it wasn't smooth, it was slightly random to give the feel of the real motor gaining or losing momentum. IIRC it even had a control to add back in some noise because they were never truly clean sounding units to begin with.

And all analog, in one rack space. :thu:

• Members

I don't know simulators for Sim City citizens, but I can tell you this....

When those Leslie tone cabinets got kicked on...man, they were the s**t !!!

(Best example that always comes to my mind immediately when someone says Leslie Tone Cabinet is when the Keys come in at the end of the intro of

"Chrystal Blue Persuasion"

Archived