What's the deal with Aria Pro / Aria Pro II?

philthygeezer

• Members

I had a white Explorer bass that had red dripping blood (paint) pouring down from the top edges. It was the stock finish.
:rawk:

That's a ZZB Custom with the "Bloody White" finish. :cool:

There's a catalogue scan with it on this page (can't hotlink, it shows tellytubbies instead :mad:)

http://www.matsumoku.org/models/ariaproii/catalogs/1985/85_ap2_cat_pg19.jpg.html

• Members

That's a ZZB Custom with the "Bloody White" finish.
:cool:

There's a catalogue scan with it on this page (can't hotlink, it shows tellytubbies instead
:mad:
)

http://www.matsumoku.org/models/ariaproii/catalogs/1985/85_ap2_cat_pg19.jpg.html

Yeah, and the whole image is chopped up into smaller ones, if I want to keep the image for future reference (I do, so thanks big time, I couldn't find one) I have to reassemble it in Photoshop.

That's the exact bass. I bought it in 1993 for $175. Kept it for a few years in my metal band as a back up. I did encores with it usually.

• Members

Yeah, and the whole image is chopped up into smaller ones, if I want to keep the image for future reference (I do, so thanks big time, I couldn't find one) I have to reassemble it in Photoshop.

That's the exact bass. I bought it in 1993 for $175. Kept it for a few years in my metal band as a back up. I did encores with it usually.

Yep, sadly you have to do that if you want it that big.

• Members

Yep, sadly you have to do that if you want it that big.

I just want the pic of the bass I had, so it'll be 2-3 images, no big deal. It's a tough thing to describe right, it's worth it to finally have a pic of it, no others exist of me with it. I went through far too much gear back then to catalog everything and the internet was a good decade away at that point.

• Members

can someone give more information about the
Aria pro II zzb custom
?

Renfield used to own one, as he said above. I own two 80's Aria Pro II's and an '07 although they're not ZZB's.

Maybe i gona buy one and i would know whats bad/ good on them! and what i should upgrade on them!

You shouldn't upgrade anything unless its broken. It's that simple rule, if it ain't broke then don't fix it. They're great instruments with a great sound.

...And whatever you do, don't buy one and butcher it to look like an Ibanez Destroyer. :rolleyes:

Archived