current pending 810 offer

poomwah

• Members

Here's what you do with the 810. Fill it full of C4, load it onto a plane and head for Iran. Once you get over Ackkkk-mon-jee-hod's house, drop the sucker and watch it BLOW!! Yeah you won't get any money for it but starting WWIII is well worth the investment.

• Members

agree

I also agree that 650 is a rip off... especially since you can buy both of them new for 300 each.

but I'm not paying 650... I'm trading for a cabinet that I'm asking 400 dollars for and would come down to 350 on, but noone wants to pay cash for it, just trade

• Members

I'd take the avatar cabs over the Hartke {censored} any day. 400 bucks is fair for an Avatar 115 and 210 used. They should last a while :)

For 400, you could get a Peavey 4x10 TVX and a Peavey Mark VI most places. That would beat the crap out of that Hartke stuff :)

• Members

I'd take the avatar cabs over the Hartke {censored} any day. 400 bucks is fair for an Avatar 115 and 210 used. They should last a while
:)

For 400, you could get a Peavey 4x10 TVX and a Peavey Mark VI most places. That would beat the crap out of that Hartke stuff
:)

agreed, not to mention I LOVE peavey.

BUT, that's only IF I find someone to pay me cash... so far the only cash offer was 300, and even at that low a price, the guy backed out

• CMS Author

I also agree that 650 is a rip off... especially since you can buy both of them new for 300 each.

but I'm not paying 650... I'm trading for a cabinet that I'm asking 400 dollars for and would come down to 350 on, but noone wants to pay cash for it, just trade

Agreed here too. I was agreeing with the opinion that the stuff you're looking at is worth no more than $200...$150 for the amp, $50 for the cabinet (I HATE those Al Hartke's, sorry) so you'd still be getting the way-short end of a short stick.

• Members

the problem I'm seeing with the avatars is they are both 8 ohm cabinets... which is fine if I want to run them together... BUT, I'd probably want to run the 15 with my 410 (again not a problem), but I would DEFINETLY like to run the 210 with my 410.... NOW... where I see this being a problem... yes the amp would be running at 4 ohms which is no problem... but I'd have 4 tens at 8ohms each, and 2 tens at 4 ohms each... so the pair in the 210 would be using more power than the others... right?

• CMS Author

the problem I'm seeing with the avatars is they are both 8 ohm cabinets... which is fine if I want to run them together... BUT, I'd probably want to run the 15 with my 410 (again not a problem), but I would DEFINETLY like to run the 210 with my 410.... NOW... where I see this being a problem... yes the amp would be running at 4 ohms which is no problem... but I'd have 4 tens at 8ohms each, and 2 tens at 4 ohms each... so the pair in the 210 would be using more power than the others... right?

Wow, you really do need a band.

Which cabinets have which total impedances?

Not that it matters, there's usually only a small difference in output if you double the power.

Having said that, you really do need a band. Just find one good amp and one good cabinet that sound right to you, and stop wasting money and mental masturbation on a lot of mediocre crap.

• Members

You have an 8 ohm 4x10 and an 8 ohm 2x10, you'll have a higher sound balance toward 2x10s. If you don't crank up too far that you damage the speakers, that'll actually sound pretty cool (since the 2x10s on top will monitor for you).

The best config for a 4x10 and a 2x10 is probably a 4 ohm 410 and an 8 ohm 2x10 but your head has to be rated for 2 ohms to do that safely.

Alternatively if you have a stereo amplifier with a balance knob or something you can just adjust that to taste.

• Members

Having said that, you really do need a band. Just find one good amp and one good cabinet that sound right to you, and stop wasting money and mental masturbation on a lot of mediocre crap.

this is really close to being my new sig

• Members

You have an 8 ohm 4x10 and an 8 ohm 2x10, you'll have a higher sound balance toward 2x10s. If you don't crank up too far that you damage the speakers, that'll actually sound pretty cool (since the 2x10s on top will monitor for you).

The best config for a 4x10 and a 2x10 is probably a 4 ohm 410 and an 8 ohm 2x10 but your head has to be rated for 2 ohms to do that safely.

Alternatively if you have a stereo amplifier with a balance knob or something you can just adjust that to taste.

I do have a stereo amp. so I could just run "bi-amped" lol

• Members

Quoted for truth. You can spend a lot of time and money worrying about the "elegance" of your rig, unnecessarily.

Hook it up and spend more time playing and less time worrying about which crappy cabinet to trade for.

that said:

Getting cash out out of that Carvin is going to be a bitch. My recommendation would be to find a decent pawn shop (they always have Peavey gear) and go trade it in. You'll lose money but chances are good if you're just trading it in, they'll give you a decent deal.

Word of thumb is: 2/3rds of your gear's value (their sticker price) toward the price you haggle them down to on the other amp.

That's what I'd do, but I hate trying to sell inferior {censored} on Craigslist or whatever. It's damn near impossible. selling good {censored} is hard enough.

• Members

Don't waste your damn time biamping. run it full range and turn the balance so that the 2x10 gets less juice.

If you don't have a balance knob or separate volume controls, it is not a stereo rig or even parallel mono, it is a mono amp with two power sections.

• Members

Don't waste your damn time biamping. run it full range and turn the balance so that the 2x10 gets less juice.

If you don't have a balance knob or separate volume controls, it is not a stereo rig or even parallel mono, it is a mono amp with two power sections.

it has a volume control for power amp 1, a volume control for power amp2, and a master volume

• CMS Author

What amp is that?

Why don't you sell all this crap and get some kickin' gear? Maybe a nice Genz rig?:poke: (j/k)

And it's not really bi-amped if there's no crossover, and it's not worth bi-amping if the same type of speakers are used for both outputs.

• Members

well, would I be better off just keep the 410 and try to find a place to store it.... I've got an old red horned carvin 410, it sounds fine, but its obviously got some years on it. I have a VERY old EMPTY carvin 210 somewhere around here. So I obviously have a year old 810... carvin is selling the ps10 speakers for 50 bucks each. maybe I should just reload my 410 and 810 with the "new" speakers.

just shoot me already, or string me up by my e-string

Archived