rechargeable batteries for X2 wireless?

mdd30

• Members

I've been thinking about getting some rechargeable batteries for my X2 xdr95 wireless. Has anyone else tried any out on it? I was thinking Lithium, but the manual says that the battery meter is only accurate if using alkaline. I change the battery before every show anyway, but it gets a little pricey after awhile.

• Members

I've only used rechargeables in mine. They aren't the regular old energizer rechargeables, though. I got these at a battery store and they put out more juice. They work well.

Which batteries do you use?

• Members

Here's
a page link with the battery info

MH-96V230-2.jpg

230 mAh versus say an Energizer rechargeable, which is really a 150 mAh 7.2v.

Those look pretty attractive - does your X2's battery meter still work with them, and how many hours of playing do you get from a fully charged battery??? I'm currently getting around 5 hours from a Durcell Ultra - which will cover one 3 set show, plus a little - at a cost of $2.50-$3 each... I really don't mind paying that to have a worry-free gig, as I figure it to be a business expense, just like replacing strings - but having a more cost effective, more environmentally solution wouldn't be the worst thing ever...

- georgestrings

• Moderators
And those will recharge on just any 9V recharging "dock", like with AA's, etc..?

I didn't have to buy a special charger, if that's what you're asking. I use the one that was part of the package deal with my little digital camera. That was to charge the AAs, but it also has a pair of hookups for the 9V. Works like a charm for me.

• Members

I didn't have to buy a special charger, if that's what you're asking. I use the one that was part of the package deal with my little digital camera. That was to charge the AAs, but it also has a pair of hookups for the 9V. Works like a charm for me.

Yup, that's what I meant. :)

Good to know.

Archived