Dingwall Combustion basses

Poltergeist

• Members

They're awesome.

I plan to get one of these once they drop and I can nab one used. :cool:

The "real" ones are just ridiculous. I had an ABII 5 for a while, and it was very rockin'. The only hiccup is when you get above the 12th fret, it gets tricky. And I play a lot above the 12th fret, so at the time I needed a bass that I could do "more" with, higher up so I swapped it for an older Modulus.

But yeah, I plan on getting one again. They are some kickass basses.

• Members
They're awesome.

I plan to get one of these once they drop and I can nab one used.
:cool:

The "real" ones are just ridiculous. I had an ABII 5 for a while, and it was very rockin'. The
only
hiccup is when you get above the 12th fret, it gets tricky. And I play a lot above the 12th fret, so at the time I needed a bass that I could do "more" with, higher up so I swapped it for an older Modulus.

But yeah, I plan on getting one again. They are some kickass basses.

tell me more about that that "hiccup".... i also play very high.... in the last thing i wrote, i go up to the 24th fret on the G string.... and how it was tonewise and stuff :thu:

• Members
tell me more about that that "hiccup".... i also play very high.... in the last thing i wrote, i go up to the 24th fret on the G string.... and how it was tonewise and stuff
:thu:

Well I don't want to say then "Don't get one" b/c they really are, but it really is a pain for me going up that high, not having to adjust where you hold the bass and all that. Especially for chords; unless you have tiny digits its damn nigh impossible to line up correctly.
The worst thing you could do is buy, try and send it back if you hated it. :)

Archived