Slapthefunkyfour

bleepo

• Members

Freeballer.:D

I went camping with a couple that had a Land Rover, and I told them the road was kinda rough, but the chick was like "oh, I have a Land Rover, it can go on anything." They showed up in the Freelander and I was all :facepalm:"

Good thing I brought a tow strap. They didn't break down, but they got lucky with all the times the dude high centered that thing. The real fun started when dude told his wife "I TOLD you we should have bought the 4-Runner. Your father is an idiot.":D

C7

• Members

Get rid of it as soon as possible.

What is happening to yours? Thermostat housing? Timing belt? Fuel injectors? Transmission?

Since you didn't listen then, listen now.

I'm kinda like Bassius of landrover theory. Listen to me now and think about it later.

Do you guys know how to check the transmission fluid in a Freelander? Direct from landrover themselves:

1. drain fluid.

2. measure how much came out.

3. put it back in.

Seriously.:facepalm:

• Members

Freeballer.
:D

I went camping with a couple that had a Land Rover, and I told them the road was kinda rough, but the chick was like "oh, I have a Land Rover, it can go on anything." They showed up in the Freelander and I was all :facepalm:"

Good thing I brought a tow strap. They didn't break down, but they got lucky with all the times the dude high centered that thing. The real fun started when dude told his wife "I TOLD you we should have bought the 4-Runner. Your father is an idiot.":D

C7

I loved taking mine off road. I only got stuck once, on a 50 degree gravel covered incline. That thing amazed me every time I took it out.

I loved getting the crazy looks from all the hicks in their huge trucks when they saw the little freelander go places that they wouldn't dare go.

• Members

I loved taking mine off road. I only got stuck once, on a 50 degree gravel covered incline. That thing amazed me every time I took it out.

I loved getting the crazy looks from all the hicks in their huge trucks when they saw the little freelander go places that they wouldn't dare go.

I went out with the dealership and 15 other Rovers. The forest service asked us where we were going, and told us it wasn't accessable by vehicle. He had a fullsize chevy. We made it just fine.

• Members

Funny, I never had an off road issue. Outperformed the disco when I went out with one. It's a different driving style though.

This particular trail was pretty sketchy, though. If I had known they were bringing a Freelander, I would have chosen a different spot. The issue was more about clearance and articulation than driving style. You wouldn't have knowingly taken your Freelander on this trail.

They made it, but it took us an extra hour of drive time because I had to shovel rocks and use planks to get them over some of the obstacles. Stuff that my P-finder drives right over.:D

C7

• Members

I turn into a redneck when I 4x4, sheer momentum gets me through the toughest spots.
:D

I went off roading with my buddies jeep club a few times. I'm a novice when it comes to off roading and he was able to get my truck to do {censored} I would never be able to pull off.

I was also openly mocked for most of the weekend for bringing it out with a jeep club, and rightly so. :lol:

• Members

I replaced the Thermostat housing. Timing belit is ok, as is the tranny. It has an electrical system demon, and a coolant leak that moves every time it's plugged. I lose a quart of coolant every 2 days.

You are lucky. For me, I was going through 1 gallon every thirty miles and you have to use the expensive stuff. That's almost as much coolant as gasoline. :eek:

Really, sell it as soon as you can.

We traded ours in at the same dealership we bought it at. We originally purchased it for $12,900. The trade in value 2 years later was $3,000. No, that is not a typo. The dealer is my dads best friend. I know he did everything he could to help us.

A friend of mine had one the same time as me. When he tried to trade his in, the dealership wouldn't even take it!

• Members

Mines for sale. I have the SE3, so they're keeping their value a BIT better. It's worth more than I owe, according to an offer I got from Dodge.

I have an extended warranty, the kind that gives you cash back when it's over if you don't use it. I'm trying to figure out if a 'fixed' freelander is worth $2000 more than a broken one. I'm not thinking it is.

• Members

I went off roading with my buddies jeep club a few times. I'm a novice when it comes to off roading and he was able to get my truck to do {censored} I would never be able to pull off.

I was also openly mocked for most of the weekend for bringing it out with a jeep club, and rightly so.
:lol:

The Jeep clubs around here are the most elitist pricks you'll ever meet. If you come across a Jeep group on the trail, they'll talk {censored}, tell you to get off "their" trail, ask when you're going to get a "real" 4x4, {censored} like that.

That's when C7 engages 4-LO and does his best not to kick up any dust on the row of Jeeps behind him. Gotta go S--L--O--W on the trail, you know.:D

I've seen Jeep clubbers roll boulders on the trail in front of people that aren't in Jeeps before. I can't stand those {censored}ers.

C7

• Members

I had my 60k maintenence done two weeks ago and they gave me an LR3 for a loaner. In the week I had it there was a malfunctioning wiper, electric seat adjustment, navigation system and something that caused the check engine light came on.

The only problem I've ever had with my disco was a noisy heater fan. I blame ford for screwing the company up.

• Members

Land Rover isn't owned by Ford anymore. It's owned by Tata Motors, that happened last June.

Anyways, as I said... the Freelander is a joke. Defenders are awesome and a million times better.

defender%20expedition.jpg

Land Rover Defender 110 Expedition

:cool:

I want a Defender 90, it's the shorter wheelbase version. :)

Archived