Bought some new (to me) guns yesterday...

J.

• Members

nothing fancy, a marlin model 60 that still looks brand new and an OLD savage stevens 12 guage side by side

Yeah, not really worth too much. I can see where you might have a little trouble getting any real $ out of them. Together they might be worth $300 depending on the condition of the 12 gauge.

• Members

don't buy a cheap piece of crap firearm.

Word. There's nothing more embarrassing than pulling out your Wopp 9 and having it jam when you're trying to put a molten slug in some sucka that got caught slippin'.

"EAT LEAD!!! Oh, wait, hold up. Sit still a second, my {censored} jammed up..."

C7

• Members

Word. There's nothing more embarrassing than pulling out your Wopp 9 and having it jam when you're trying to put a molten slug in some sucka that got caught slippin'.

"EAT LEAD!!! Oh, wait, hold up. Sit still a second, my {censored} jammed up..."

C7

Or having it take off 2 fingers when it does fire. :D

• Members

That gun is worth about 300 if it is in decent condition. Savage made a fox model worth 2 to 3x that amount.

damn, so I just need to find someone into guns looking to get rid of an epi bird, or something in that price range, LOL

• Members

I've never seen or shot a Golani - looks like it could be great fun.

It's essentially a Galil, imported by Century Arms (the same one that does those cheap Romanian WASR AKs and million other things) and farmed out to some US firm to be made US legal. It's all AK, just chambered in .223.

• Members

It's essentially a Galil, imported by Century Arms (the same one that does those cheap Romanian WASR AKs and million other things) and farmed out to some US firm to be made US legal. It's all AK, just chambered in .223.

I think you did well on all purchases.

I have tried to find a decent AK in MN for the last 2 months, not really hard trying but looking non the less. I found some Romanian junk that was supposed to be new for $550. They were bad. A used Norinco for $800.

A friend of mine picked up a Russian made Saiga for $325 5-6 months ago, I totaly missed the boat.

• Members

hate to hijack, but I've been looking for a small handgun on a rather small budget. Been some stuff goin on around town, oh and never know when the zombies are coming. If I could get some suggestions, that'd be great.

Are you looking for an automatic pistol or a revolver? Some people prefer one or the other, while others are equally fond of both. Since I've gotten into guns, I've found that I'm a revolver guy. The only downside is capacity, although you can get .357 magnum revolvers that can hold 7 or 8 rounds. Still, it's not like you're going to find a wheel gun that holds 17 rounds like a Glock 17 9mm does.

Speaking of, perhaps a used Glock is in your interests. They're around $500 new, reliable, easy to disassemble and clean, and reasonably accurate. Taurus has really upped their game in recent years in both automatics and revolvers. I've heard mixed reviews on Kel-Tech firearms, but they are cheap (less than $300 new). Hi-Point makes just about the cheapest pistols out there, but quality is all over the place.

• Members

For small handguns, I really like my Charter Arms .38 special revolver. It's a tiny little thing with a 2" barrel, easy to carry and conceal, that holds five rounds. I wouldn't want to try hitting a target from too far away with it (that 2" barrel isn't all that accurate, and I'm not all that great of a shot anyway, which is why it's very VERY rare for me to actually carry a weapon - I'd probably do more harm than good with it) but it's fun to carry out to the county and shoot, and a good size round for home defense.

The best thing? The cost was an afternoon helping a coworker around his house. Hard to beat that.

Archived