spam -or- How I've Spent The Last Year.

MrJoshua

• Members

So, for quite a while now (most of 2008, really) I spent most of my spare time working in my home studio with two friends. We decided we were tired of most of the kids' music out there (they have kids; I have tons of nieces and nephews so I hear some of this stuff too), so we wrote and recorded a children's album of rock tunes.

I know, I know - but we really feel like we managed to make it very adult-friendly. :) The goal was to come up with something adults could like too.

Anyway ... it's done. We still have a couple of songs to mix and we need to get it mastered, but we went ahead and put up a MySpace page and listed a few of the tunes for public consumption. I did a little home mastering to get the levels up for the MP3's - the CD will be professionally mastered and sound better when we get that done.

The MySpace page is: http://www.myspace.com/tangerinetamb

I'm hoping that some of y'all will take a listen and let me know what you think. :) If you like it, awesome. We don't have the CD ready to sell yet, so I'm not technically spamming I don't think, lol. And if the mods decide it IS spam, well, just delete the thread. I just wanted to share and get some feedback. We've spent a lot of time and effort on this, and 99% of it was recorded in my home studio on my gear, so I'd like to know what people think.

Thanks!

:wave:

• Members

Damn, PUNK ALPHABET!!!! That was too fun, man. Can you work in a pseudo-Metallica tune too????

I don't think we have one for this record, but I'll bring it up for the follow-up if we do one (which we probably will - we had a blast making this). :)

• Members

First thing came to mind, "Creeping Breath" about brushing your teeth.

:lol: That's not bad, man. I'll have to bring it up.

I feel like we got some pretty good sounds on this project, especially considering it was all done at my home studio. :D

• Members

No.....definitely your stuff. It will come as a surprise to no one, but I have always wanted to do something like this.

:lol: I guess the big question is, can you tell that we recorded all that in the spare bedroom of my trailer? :eek:

:) Nah, I'm really proud of this. It's definitely the biggest project I've been part of so far. We're going to get some CDs printed up and try to sell them, get on iTunes and stuff after the mastering is done, and then start trying to get some label interest. We have eighteen songs for the CD; we only put five on the MySpace page, but it is a full-length CD.

Archived