NBD post whore

poomwah

• Members

ok, my new bass didnt get enough attention in the other thread, LOL, so I figured I'd post an official NEW BASS DAY thread

this was my valentines day present from Mary Ann. Got it at guitar center, it was on clearance for 300, and we talked them down to 250 plus a set of generic strings (musicians choice) due to some buckle rash, and some wear on the finish on the bridge, and a set of dead strings. I didn't bother with the strings, I just tossed them in the spares drawer and grabbed an extra set of EB super slinky's that I had. Took some rubbing compound to the buckle rash. NO more buckly rash :]

I'm not fond of the color, but I love the way it feels and sounds. And the quilt is absolutely beautiful. Anyway, here it is

DSCF1331.jpg

DSCF1334.jpg

• Members

I like that color too.

But aren't you the one with an abundance of wood-tone basses? (Other than the orange BB) Paint it pink for Valentines
:D

yup, I was just complaining not long ago about too much brown on the wall :[ the orange yammie and my ripper (in pieces) are the only opaque paint jobs, my peavey millenium, is tranparent blue on quilte, the other four are brown :[

I don't mind wood showing, I just don't like brown :p

the biggest problem is, visually the bass doesn't excite me visually. when I look at it I think, thats a really nice bass. when I see one of those in black cherry I think , oh my god, somebody jerk me off, quick

and I wouldn't dream of painting over that piece of quilt. The grain is WAY too pretty.

• Members

damn you are always getting new basses:mad: (envy),

thats a cool one
:thu:
congratulations

and don't worry luna, I won't be getting any more for quite a while. I've resigned myself to not buy anymore until I'm in a band and playing out making money. Mary Ann, on the other hand, has already told me I'll be getting one for my birthday in august :p

Archived