lessons with gary willis

Bassius

• Members

it was awesome!! he had good things to say about my playing and gave me some great things to work on. I'm to practice soloing using only the D and G strings or A and G strings....it's fricken hard. i have to solo with cohesive ideas, smoothly connecting ideas without stopping. so fun. next week we're going to talk about melody and groove stuff.

yay

• Members

it was awesome!! he had good things to say about my playing and gave me some great things to work on. I'm to practice soloing using only the D and G strings or A and G strings....it's fricken hard. i have to solo with cohesive ideas, smoothly connecting ideas without stopping. so fun. next week we're going to talk about melody and groove stuff.

Wow, cool!

• Members

I studied with Gary years ago. Great guy, great teacher, incredible bass player.

The one lesson that sticks out in my mind, I had put my bass away, but he wanted to hear this walking bass line I wrote over chords. The man has perfect pitch, so he plays the chords on his bass, reads the bass line, and whistles it. I couldn't help but laugh.

Archived