Should I?

punkicidal

• Members

yeah, you should always try to get him to lower the price a bit, but that's a good price!

I'm going to email him and be like "i've got $200 cash in pocket, deal?"

I already have a Squier P-Bass Special, and I love the sound of it, but I hate the jazz pickup. This is the first "real" Fender I'll be owning, and I was gonna go for the Squier Classic Vibe '60's P in Sonic Blue, but I saw this and figured, for $50 cheaper, I'd get a real Fender.

• Members

I'm going to email him and be like "i've got $200 cash in pocket, deal?"

I already have a Squier P-Bass Special, and I love the sound of it, but I hate the jazz pickup. This is the first "real" Fender I'll be owning, and I was gonna go for the Squier Classic Vibe '60's P in Sonic Blue, but I saw this and figured, for $50 cheaper, I'd get a real Fender.

it's a fine deal... put a SD Quarter Pounder in it, and it will unleash the beast in it, i garantee you that :thu:

• Members

If it plays good and fits you well, then hell yes. Really it could be the only bass you ever need.........if it wasn't for that evil condition know as G.A.S.
;)

I hear ya.. I just have to wait till I get paid, then I'm going to email him and be like "I wanna come play it"

He lives on the other side of the city, so it's not exactly some where I can walk, and I'm broke-assed, so bus'ing it is a no-go right now haha..

If it feels anything like my P-Bass Special, I'll love it.. I've always loved P's..

And the SD 1/4 lb'ers sound {censored}ing TITS! :love:

• Members

Any reason for the BadAss bridge? Out of the 12 years I've been playing bass, I've seen them everywhere, but never really saw/heard the advantages of one.

My P currently is stock and I have no problems with it.

Higher mass, ostensibly more sustain and more harmonic content due to better coupling. I just know I like how they feel on my hands, the adjustments are more precise, and they're just sturdier all in all.

• Members

If it plays good and fits you well, then hell yes. Really it could be the only bass you ever need.........if it wasn't for that evil condition know as G.A.S.
;)

Yea, but G.A.S. is the the evil we all love... like Darth Vader.

• Members
Any reason for the BadAss bridge? Out of the 12 years I've been playing bass, I've seen them everywhere, but never really saw/heard the advantages of one.

My P currently is stock and I have no problems with it.

Some of the Mexican Fenders have problems with bridge saddles slipping. There are fixes for it like Locktite, but a better bridge is nice if you can afford it. I like to replace the plastic nut with a bone nut too.

• Members

Some of the Mexican Fenders have problems with bridge saddles slipping. There are fixes for it like Locktite, but a better bridge is nice if you can afford it. I like to replace the plastic nut with a bone nut too.

Ahh, that makes sense.. I was checking out the BadAss III, the damn thing is like $115!! :eek:

Is any BA bridge good? Or is a certain version best? etc, etc..

Archived