I don't know why I bother posting in the guitard forums...

Derek5272

• Members

Hell yeah..... upgrade!!

It's always nice to get a new sound from an old guitar. GFS has some inexpensive pickups however the Fender SCN are real nice. Figure out how much you want to spend and go for it. Don't forget that if you buy cheapies you can always dump 'em on e*ay for a partial recovery and your loss wont be that big. Experimentation is interesting.:idea:

• Members

I really have no input. I like tele's how they are, but good luck finding something that works for you.

I like most Teles how they are, too. However, I wanted a Thinline, so I had the option of $415 for a Squier, or $1000+ for an American Fender. The amplified sound of this one isn't that great right now. Who knows, after I swap out the electronics, I might like it and leave it as is. But right now I'm looking at replacement parts so that if I'm unhappy with it still in a week or 2, I already know what to get.

• Members

I like most Teles how they are, too. However, I wanted a Thinline, so I had the option of $415 for a Squier, or $1000+ for an American Fender. The amplified sound of this one isn't that great right now. Who knows, after I swap out the electronics, I might like it and leave it as is. But right now I'm looking at replacement parts so that if I'm unhappy with it still in a week or 2, I already know what to get.

The Thinlines have humbuckers don't they? The guitarist in my band Ghostowne almost exclusively plays a POS squier tele with Seymour Duncans. I like the way his sounds.

• Members

Those probably have surprisingly good pickups in them. I have found the Designed by Duncan pickups to be really, really good. Word is they are just import versions of the US SD pickups, made to the same specs, and I believe that.

How would you like the sound to change?

• Members

The Thinlines have humbuckers don't they? The guitarist in my band Ghostowne almost exclusively plays a POS squier tele with Seymour Duncans. I like the way his sounds.

Not all of them. The '69 Thinline had standard tele SC's, until the 70's when they switched to Seth Lover humbuckers.

• Members

Yeah. Noiseless, at least. The neck pickup isn't really a problem for me, it sounds decent. But the bridge pickup just sounds... Cheap, I guess.

Archived